Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It makes the post more informative I guess

Maybe some people don't know? It's useful to put it there just in case.

- “The darkness heralds only one thing: The end of time itself” -

08-Nov-2014 22:15:41 - Last edited on 08-Nov-2014 22:16:28 by Singularity

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It'd make more sense IMO for it to be about the new course thingy, coz then you could compare with Barb Course etc.

Tho, to put a p/h calc in the daily thing, where you can only get 20k a day max, is ???????

L
I
M
E
P
O
W
E
R

08-Nov-2014 22:17:53

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sagzee said :
Yus tho, has already said takes 15 mins, and can only get max 20k exp a day in those 15 mins, so you know straight away 15 mins = 20k exp, and can't get any more than that, so why have a p/h calc for it if can only do for a quarter hour and already know how fast the exp is compared to other courses/things? O_O

MY BRAIN IS SMOKING HALP

L
I
M
E
P
O
W
E
R

Xp/hr is used for almost every method of every skill. It's somewhat universal. It's just making it easier to compare it to another method.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

08-Nov-2014 22:18:58

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Makes sense to me lol

If you want to know whether a D&D is worth doing, then the xp/h tells you if it is or not. Like Warbands, the xp/h rate works out at over 1m+ making it the most efficient way to train skills like Mining and Smithing - you're saving time as opposed to training, and some people might not think like this, and miss this information.

Obviously you can only get X amount of XP MAX per day but you're still spending time on the activity - therefore knowing the xp/h is useful, so you know if you're wasting time or saving time (doing the D&d) in the long run.

Idk I'm trying to explain it the best way I can, not sure if it's making sense. >.<

08-Nov-2014 22:22:35 - Last edited on 08-Nov-2014 22:23:43 by Singularity

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :

Obviously you can only get X amount of XP MAX per day but you're still spending time on the activity - therefore knowing the xp/h is useful, so you know if you're wasting time or saving time (doing the D&d) in the long run.

But they already told you a line above how long it was gonna take too. ;-;

L
I
M
E
P
O
W
E
R

08-Nov-2014 22:28:50

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Like Rowley said, it's just an easier way to compare it to other methods. Training methods are calculated based on xp/h rather than xp/day lol. D&Ds are training methods too, therefore have xp/h calculations.

Like if this Agility thing worked out to be 700k xp/h or something with a daily cap of 100k xp - you can say: "right, this d&d is op as fuck because no other training methods offer 700k xp/h rates, which makes this D&d worth doing to get 99 and/or 200m. I'm better off doing this over running laps at barb"

08-Nov-2014 22:30:10 - Last edited on 08-Nov-2014 22:35:18 by Singularity

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top