Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Which would be better as a permanent weapon/s to grab out of the two for highest tier Range weap? :

Noxy Bow, or Ascensions? o:

Been leaning towards Ascs lately, think because abils or something are slightly faster? Not sure.

I have slowly been developing an unhealthy interest in bossing, particularly that poopy eight legged thing. Whyyyyy. ;-;

L
I
M
E
P
O
W
E
R

23-Oct-2014 20:20:46

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,657 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
At Araxxor you'll get in some auto attacks when using defence abilities, such as: anticipate, freedom, devotion, debilitate - which can end up doing slightly more damage over time, but the Bow has longer attack range giving it the edge in other areas where you'd have to move around more when using ascensions.

The difference between needle strike and dazing shot isn't hreat enough to say Ascensions are better than Nox bow; it is situational and depends on where you intend on using them.

23-Oct-2014 20:29:26

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So the cbows are a liiil better DPS wise, as in with usin defence abils or maybe when nomming food in one hand you fire with the other?

Can be handy that, doesn't stem the flow damage wise if so, like not penalising you sorta for being defensive/healin' etc.

inb4 I'm thinkin' bout it wrong. ;-;

L
I
M
E
P
O
W
E
R

23-Oct-2014 20:31:40

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was trying out Nox bow at Ara today.

Noticed a couple of nice things about it over Asc, like.. when the spider eggs fall down (the ones you blow up), if you run on top of those, you can carry on attacking without running off of them again because of the extra range.

Also with dazing shot, Ara's next hit has 10% lower accuracy, so there's potential for less damage intake there.

Personally, Nox bow felt a little more accurate, but not quite as damaging, even though they should be pretty much equal. But I was getting similarly timed kills anyway, so specifically with Ara I'd say its down to personal preference. (Also its basically free arrows since you get more for the kill than you end up using.)
Selective Completionist

23-Oct-2014 20:42:00

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top