Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Ew. Just ew.

It's like a pig.

That is because that song is mostly pig squeals

Huber is known for it :P
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

05-Oct-2014 20:11:22

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That song was a bit weird

I guess I'm not a hardcore fan of that "side" if you will but sometimes, I find songs from that side that I really like. I always just called it "screamo" 'cause idk all the subgenres and that.

- “The darkness heralds only one thing: The end of time ITSELF” -

05-Oct-2014 20:14:31

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Morgan said :
Also "Destroy the weak" <.< What kind of message is that transmitting to the masses? =/

I bet those guys play tough on there but irl they are softies at heart.

That genre in general plays tough on stage, but in interviews they appear to be very amicable (watched a few with Phil Bozeman (Whitechapel's vocalist)).

There is....one band....I won't listen to though, simply because of the brutality of their lyrics.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

05-Oct-2014 20:16:03

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Singularity said :
That song was a bit weird

I guess I'm not a hardcore fan of that "side" if you will but sometimes, I find songs from that side that I really like. I always just called it "screamo" 'cause idk all the subgenres and that.

Yea, some bands make it difficult (it's generally difficult to sort them out)

Like you have bands like Emmure which are labelled as Deathcore, but they have more of a Metalcore and even Punk style to their music than the Death part. You then have bands like Thy Art which are way more on the Death side than -core.

You also even have bands like Amaranthe which have elements of Pop, Melodic Death metal, and even Power Metal, so it's in a category of its own.

05-Oct-2014 20:23:01

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Lathow said :
Music labeling is dumb, all bands are unique really. Not only that but even different albums of bands are so different from each other.

Mhm.

Like if you listened to Somatic Defilement (Whitechapel's 1st album) to Our Endless War (their most current album), it is still deathcore- just the style changed a lot.

Even the genre is very diverse, as I stated. It's really just similar trends that gives it the label, tbh.

05-Oct-2014 20:34:32

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzvTAFnNvyI

Another song by Make Them Suffer

05-Oct-2014 20:38:45

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top