Forums

actual favs -vs- community tm

Quick find code: 259-260-113-66133640

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so... idk... not to suck up, but I love raven and twin, mark, osborne, and... maybe some other jagex people who make it clear theyre doin this job for more than money, but not bein corrupt, and... yeah. lets not belabour that. you guys rock.

some other jagex dudes are on my radar like timbo, shauny, etc but they have a lens on their part of it, and its hard to say that we feel them bein aware of us. if anything they might have been more wagged by the vocal minority of players at reddit. its hard to get a real sense of what the playerbase actually wants, needs, etc, and I might indeed trust polls in game moreso than shilled up social media things.

the now absent community team leaves void I have to ask about.

I want to be careful not to speak ill of the departed, because some of them bulwarked and championed some important special interests, like GLBTQA issues for which I am... not the ally those people deserve. I mean... I can try, but you had the one guy who forefronted that, and I would never remember to do it. So on one hand, that special interest consideration, which was great; then on the other hand is corruption stuff where sycophants who use vocal minority chorus to shill the community reach and justify jobs for cteam are given privileges the rest of us can't earn... and thats bad. so good, and bad. it was complicated.

moving forward it might be nice to hear from executive, theorist, bricklayer type how the next generation of community team is going to work differently. like... I don't think we should just sit and wait for them to show up and introduce themselves, and expect that the systemic, structural, preconceived ideas about their job, that it'll work out better with simply different new people employed for the gig.

is there an executive blog to match dev blog at this site? really though. it might be nice to hear.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

10-Dec-2019 16:03:10

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They've barely had a community team for a couple years now. So don't expect a higher ups summary on the game plan for a cm team.

The new ones should try actually posting and interacting more as a start. There are far too long gaps of non posting and I don't expect it to change.

We'll probably have reached Mars by the time you see a Jmod login and read this section and actually post in it.

13-Dec-2019 20:52:18

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yeah think about it. if one of us went to do that job... how would we prove we were doing it? there would have to be a whole bunch of twitch streaming event things with tons of people, and it begets you start baiting opinion leaders to bring people... or abuse the game wide announcements to make it happen.

if its the spookshow... they have "open source intelligence officers" who surf the web and read social media and news and stuff in foreign languages, and then publish a report in english that summarizes the moods.

rs cm team could do that. they could publish to rsof or news column a summary of whats out there on youtube, twitter, reddit, facebook, discord, twitch, etc. its a lot for them to aggregate and summarize, but... if their bosses understand the paradigm shift we're asking for... and their gig as cm is clearer...
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

15-Dec-2019 20:58:29

Jamzi

Jamzi

Posts: 2,354 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here is what the playerbase thinks of latest updates. So a big NO to lvl 120's. Yet they still go along, so all we can do is vote with our wallet.

Quick Poll Result
What has been your favourite large update of 2019?

39% - Mining and Smithing rework (have you heard about it?)
28% - Bank Rework
10% - Elite Dungeons - Shadow Reef
7% - Land Out of Time
7% - Smooth Movement
4% - Ranch Out of Time/120 Farming
3% - 120 Herblore
2% - Desperate Times

03-Jan-2020 10:59:40

Quick find code: 259-260-113-66133640 Back to Top