Forums

Forum Help V2. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-598-66019305

The contents of this message have been hidden.

25-May-2019 17:29:45

25-May-2019 17:36:52

CM Brandon

CM Brandon

Local Moderator Posts: 2,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@G o z z - I'll say first off that you can't add a disclaimer in your thread which reads "anything that I say is off topic is off topic, and will be removed by a moderator." That's not how it works. If a post is genuinely off topic or derailing, then yes, it may be hidden, but we won't hide comments for the simple fact that you may disagree with it and therefore consider it to be off topic.

Now, I don't particularly think that he's posting what he is on your thread due to you guys' past. The thread you created is certainly one that worded in a way to get a rise out of those who consume animal products. I think you could've avoided some of the strong opposing posts to your views on animal writes if it wasn't written in a way that's meant to make meat eaters upset.

As a vegan myself, I've found that going out and just saying "you eat meat, so you can't love animals, you have no compassion for sentient beings" only brings on more negativity than positivity, and does very little in trying to open others' eyes about the successes about the way of life, but rather puts those who're on the opposing side on the defensive (especially if they aren't as informed as you are on what you support/believe). I can't recall if your OP before it was edited explained what you believe to be definition of animal cruelty, but I can see that they asked for clarification. I can also see that they were trying to engage in a healthy debate (which I also took part in.) With some of the questions that they had posed to you, an easy response would've simply been "the goal of the vegan way of life is to reduce the amount of animal exploitation, rather than to completely eradicate it all together."

I don't particularly consider any of their posts on this thread totally off topic, but if you can specify which post specifically, on which page you believe is off topic, I can take another look, but for now, I don't see the need to hide anything.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

Gitting Gud Since '19

25-May-2019 18:06:54 - Last edited on 25-May-2019 18:13:05 by CM Brandon

25-May-2019 18:12:01

25-May-2019 20:19:06

25-May-2019 20:20:59

25-May-2019 20:25:21

25-May-2019 20:45:08

CM Brandon

CM Brandon

Local Moderator Posts: 2,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Nex: After 80+ pages, it's pretty evident that you're opposed to "social justice". I don't see how there's any discussion value left in there when it's been 80 pages of you, along with some others going on about why it's a plague. I've seen the same thing repeated on every page where you provide examples to support your claim, then demand that others provide examples to support their claim, where all that really happens is you end up repeating the same thing about how if they can't that you must be right. It's been going in circles forever. I think you've gotten your point across.

I'd imagine that if you recreated the thread, it'd fall into the same pattern, so I'd advise against doing so.

While it falls under the forum rules, the thread title had been changed a couple times due to the questionable choice of words. Many on the mod team believe that the choice in using the words "cancer" and "plague" to describe social justice is most certainly to get a rise out of other forumers.

You're free report issues in Forum Help whenever you choose. However, especially for this thread, I've lost count at how many time's it's been reported here, and how much time we've all spent trying to decipher the conversation, and it's not a fun read either. While the amount may appear as "low", we've needed to step in quite frequently within the last week.

If I could provide some feedback for any future threads on a similar topic, I'd probably recommend not being so assertive with your standpoint, and not aggressively demand that others provide examples, as when you do that, others just back out of it due to the seemingly non-inviting demeanor. I haven't seen a whole lot of healthy open-minded debating to be totally honest.

Again, I stand by the decision that this thread has run it's course. This was also supported by the rest of the mod team & JMods.

If you have any further issues with this, as mentioned, you can take it to FMR.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

Gitting Gud Since '19

25-May-2019 20:55:25

25-May-2019 21:01:03

Quick find code: 254-255-598-66019305 Back to Top