Forums

Forum Month - 4th of July comp Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-498-65646819

Mod Jon

Mod Jon

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Happy Scapedependance day!

This first week end of Forum month, we are hosting a RuneScape picture contest.

To take part in this Gold competition you need to
'Dress like an American' and take the best 4th of July photo of your in-game avatar you possibly can.

To share your photo with us, please upload it to an image hosting site (like Imgur) and share the link in this thread. Yes we are allowing links to be posted this weekend, for the competition.

Rewards:
- Game card (worth £20) - Edit: I got mixed up between £ & $ so changed the value here accordingly. We don't do £25 game cards, only £20 ones. Sorry for the confusion.
- 7 days membership
- 200 RuneCoins
- Bonus XP Lamp
- Signed concept art

Rules
* Terms and Conditions
*Only one entry per person (so make it count!) - multiple entries will be discounted.
*This competition will close at 10:00 Game Time on 6th July
*No photoshop or any other photo editing software
Mod Jon - Livestream & Video Producer - @JagexJon
| Tea | Scape | Sleep | Repeat |

02-Jul-2015 12:34:39 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2015 16:56:48 by Mod Jon

Chow Chow
May Member 2006

Chow Chow

Posts: 9,418 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm an American,... so I should have the home field advantage. Unless the stereotypes are just that out of whack. O_o (in it for the concept art!)

Here's my submission:
http://i.imgur.com/FONmX7k.jpg

Note
: The graphical model + Emote made my character clipped a bit, but this is a genuine unedited photo. :@
Dedicated to Account Help
|| Forum Help
''If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; It is opinion.'' - Lazarus Long

03-Jul-2015 13:45:33 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2015 13:46:27 by Chow Chow

The Red Bird
May Member 2021

The Red Bird

Posts: 80 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
http://imgur.com/aoq4z6R

The American hunter patiently waits to hunt the most dangerous game on all of Gielinor: the ferocious Edgeville Squirrel! Armed only with a military-grade bazooka and his wits, will our hero make it out of this hunt alive? Only time will tell.

03-Jul-2015 17:11:53

Orcrist9
Oct Member 2015

Orcrist9

Posts: 7,183 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Really, the way you guys picked the winner for the last competition, I'm surprised this is still going on. Seriously, you didn't take any of the entries for the last competition seriously. Some players actually put effort in their entries, and you just picked some random one that tickled your tummy as opposed to seriously thinking about it.

Why should anyone bother with these competitions when you just blow off the real talent? Like that "name your drake" competition where the winning name was "Fury." What was with that? Where was the creativity? You can't hold a creative competition if you're not awarding the creative entries.

I also thought I'd never have to say this, but don't insult U.S. citizens with this competition, okay?
Here, I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret!

03-Jul-2015 19:24:54

Quick find code: 254-255-498-65646819 Back to Top