Forums

Forum Month - 4th of July comp Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-498-65646819

Mod Jon

Mod Jon

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Orcrist9 said :
Really, the way you guys picked the winner for the last competition, I'm surprised this is still going on. Seriously, you didn't take any of the entries for the last competition seriously. Some players actually put effort in their entries, and you just picked some random one that tickled your tummy as opposed to seriously thinking about it.

Why should anyone bother with these competitions when you just blow off the real talent? Like that "name your drake" competition where the winning name was "Fury." What was with that? Where was the creativity? You can't hold a creative competition if you're not awarding the creative entries.

I also thought I'd never have to say this, but don't insult U.S. citizens with this competition, okay?

Hi there,

First of all I'm sorry you feel offended by this competition. The intention was merely to have a bit of fun and theme the competition around a huge event that was happening in the world at the week end.

Competition entries, when their contents are creative, are judged by 7 different people who all have very eclectic and different tastes, so where one person will be drawn to one entry in particular, another will be drawn to a completely different one.

One a more positive note, I hope everyone celebrating the 4th of July had a great time (and that the fireworks were epic :p )
Mod Jon - Livestream & Video Producer - @JagexJon
| Tea | Scape | Sleep | Repeat |

06-Jul-2015 09:46:32

Mod Jon

Mod Jon

*Waits for last firework to pop*

Scapedependance week-end is over and this competition is now closed. Thank you to everyone who took part, a winner will be chosen soon.

06-Jul-2015 11:00:45

Mod Jon

Mod Jon

Really tough choice, but the winner is: *drum roll*

JDV!

Congratulations!

you'll be receiving a message in your game inbox soon :)

JDV said :
Celebrating The United States of Americas birthday would never be complete without fire, colors, sweets, dumped tea (jokes), and Bald Eagles! Happy Fourth!

Here is my most patriotic submission possible: http://imgur.com/pNROEAu

- JDV

Thanks to everyone who entered :)

06-Jul-2015 16:43:15

Quick find code: 254-255-498-65646819 Back to Top