Forums

Account Access Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-486-65640377

Zaira98

Zaira98

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the past few months I've been troubleshooting how to login to my old runescape account I made with runescape 2. The last time I logged into that account was in 2009, so I've missed a lot of updates. I tried logging into rs with my old account, zaira12. I remembered the ******** and everything. When I clicked "Account" at the top of the home page, I tried typing putting my username to zaira12, but it told me that it was already taken. Confused, I just typed in zaira98 and that has been my account name for the past few months.
Logging in, I use my old username (zaira12) and ********, but in the actual game, it switches to the new account name (zaira98) with a completely new account. The new account recognizes my old friend list, but not my old skill levels or items in the bank. This is strange because on the runescape companion app, I have all of my previous items in the bank and my friends list?
All I want to do is access my old account on old school runescape as it was when I left it. I haven't logged in for a long time (7 years), so I have missed a ton of updates and additions/subtractions to the game. Can someone help me find a way to play on my old account.

19-Jun-2015 21:37:18

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,906 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am not too sure I understand, but... I will give it my best shot.

Old School RuneScape is an entirely different game. Once you log in there (with your same account details), you start out fresh. You might be logging into this version of the game.

RuneScape 2 (and RuneScape 3) are the same game. Once you log in there (with your same account details), your account will be just as you left it. If you were to log into this version of the game, you would retain your items and things. Of course, this is assuming that you've not been hacked or anything.

The only thing that might be different, as noted by your post, is the username

In 2010-2011? I believe, Jagex did a name cleanup; they freed up a lot of names. The username to log in will not change/has not changed. In 2014, they freed up more names. Your name might have been removed during one of those two times.

Additionally, the reason why it was removed either fell in the category of "inactivity (if the account was not active for 5 years)" or "no membership on the account at all."

I am not too sure which version of the game the Companion Application follows. If I had to guess, it would be RS3, although there is a chance that it follows both games. I don't know, though, since I don't use the app.

19-Jun-2015 23:03:23

Ms Toxicity
Jul
fmod Member

Ms Toxicity

Forum Moderator Posts: 78,314 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaira98, if you log in to the Old School RuneScape servers, your stats will be reset, as mentioned by Froud above.

To give everyone a fair shot when OSRS was introduced, all players (including maxed RS3 players had to start from scratch. :)
Forum Help

20-Jun-2015 00:11:28 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2015 00:12:29 by Ms Toxicity

Quick find code: 254-255-486-65640377 Back to Top