Forums

Moderation Review Thread Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-371-65388417

The contents of this message have been hidden

17-Sep-2014 19:55:11

Mod Selfie

Mod Selfie

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Ebram 72 – I can see this has already been handled by a forum moderator which is great :)

NO0BS – I’m not seeing any instances of power abuse. If you’d like us to investigate such a claim, than you need to provide us with QFCs.

Wilf – This is definitely a grey area and is one I’ll need to discuss with the rest of the team. My initial response would be for the thread to be disallowed as there’s very little to distinguish the two at first sight. Given that the thread appears to be rapidly dropping off the forums, I won’t take any action.

Le Blainy – We have this rule to protect players. No player would want to have their name used in a negative light on the forums. Talking about a Jagex moderator is fine, but talking about a Jagex moderator’s personal account wouldn’t be. Also, no reason your 2nd thread should have a support list. If you want your thread to make taken seriously by the moderation team, then take the thread seriously yourself.

Catweazle – Thank you for flagging this to our attention. The fmod team do however have the ability to escalate severe/persistent rule breaking to us, so it’s not something that we’d ask for you to raise with us in future (not through this thread). If the user continues, then we will begin taking more severe punishments.

Have done what I can today - super busy unfortunately. I'm sure Neena will get through the rest on Monday :)

Mod Selfie
Community Management
| Facebook | RS Twitter | Follow me on Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram |

19-Sep-2014 16:59:59 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2014 17:00:26 by Mod Selfie

20-Sep-2014 21:16:07

20-Sep-2014 23:04:55

21-Sep-2014 11:59:52

21-Sep-2014 22:00:17

22-Sep-2014 19:23:25

Mod Neena

Mod Neena

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts.

@2squrls-1nut - These items were removed from players that took advantage of an issue, although not a bug or glitch the prices of this item dropped significantly on a day with no update or reason. Any large amounts of these items that were incorrectly traded were removed from game. The F-Mod was correct in locking this thread on this occasion.

@Le Ninja Bro - I've had a look and it does look quite similar. I can see that more than one Mod has got involved here so they must see it too. Maybe you could think of a completely different idea? I do see why the Mods have locked it on this occasion as a duplicate thread though.

@Oinks - Sadly your thread has been pushed out of the forums due to new threads coming in. As you know, there are only 50 pages so sadly I'm unable to look into this further. =(

@Brferg55 - Thanks for your post. We're not asking you to pretend to be anything you're not, as long as you're abiding by the rules. I see why they've locked it, it appears that you're ranting about an issue which is fair enough but there is nothing we can do to assist it. By locking it, it prevents further negative spirals unnecessarily. If there was something we could have done to help, perhaps it would have been left open. You could always contact our Technical Support team for further assistance.

- Mod Neena -
Community Manager
Marketing Campaign Executive
@JagexNeena
#FoodCrazy
#TaemTypo

23-Sep-2014 17:57:48

Mod Neena

Mod Neena

Hi all,

@Sethh - I've had this checked with Mod Selfie and it looks like the game you're trying to revive is not really as popular other games. It might be worth letting this one go on this occasion and come up with a new game once it reaches page 51.

@Tegan - I've passed the details onto Mod Kalaya as she will be looking into this in more detail. I understand that they may have made the right call but you're upset with the tone he may have used. I don't think that this was intentional and it will be something we'll look into. Thanks.

@Noobkiler199 - I'm really sorry but I can't find the thread you have posted. Do you happen to know the title of the thread? If not, it is possible that it has reached the dreaded page 51. Perhaps you could provide us with the title of the thread.

@Quotes - Thanks for that. ;) - Passed on.

@I am Death - Looks like the right decision was made here. I understand that you may want to have a laugh and a joke but the thread was for recruitment and not for trolling. Thanks.

@1st Uruk Hai - I've passed this on for you. Mod Matthe will be looking into this when he can.

@Andy S - Although not the in the Code of Conduct, there doesn't appear to be any actual purpose to the thread. I can see why the Moderator has locked this thread, I advise thinking of something more suitable to discuss.

@World 14 - I can see that this move was requested. Post on the Forum Help thread for the Fmods to look into this further. Thanks.

@Exfield - I can see why they hid the post. I can understand you being forward and wanting to speak your mind but the post you made is quite offensive, there is no need to talk to players that way, I'm sure you could find a better way of sharing your ideas.

Thanks for your posts, I'll keep checking and posting. =)

- Mod Neena -
Community Manager
Marketing Campaign Executive
@JagexNeena
#FoodCrazy
#TaemTypo

24-Sep-2014 17:28:36

Quick find code: 254-255-371-65388417 Back to Top