Forums

Forum Q&A - Raven and Ana S Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-36-61918651

Jikkir
Jul Member 2008

Jikkir

Posts: 3,447 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Did you both ever play on Runescape before working for Jagex, and, if so, for how long? :)
And who had the initial idea behind the Triumvirate? :) It's a very clever clan sytem, which I think should have been introduced years ago :P
Finally, is there any hints on when to expect what Nomad's revenge will truly be, or when the Dragonkin shall initiate their plan? ;)
Thanks!
*J.

25-Nov-2010 19:39:44 - Last edited on 25-Nov-2010 20:08:13 by Jikkir

Joeytje50

Joeytje50

Posts: 490 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here are my questions:
-Is Sliske the Strange Old Man, and what can you say about this?
-Is Defence a melee skill, or a skill like hitpoints: one that is between all types?
-How is the chance to hit, the chance to burn food, the amount of base experience per floor in Dungeoneering, and the chance of success when cutting Opal/Jade/Topaz calculated?
-How to contact a J Mod for things other than reports(like bad ad, abuse, bug etc)?
-Did all things that happen in Armies of Gielinor(like what happened in the Guthix campaign) really happen in RuneScape too?
-Same question for Betrayal at Falador.

If you can't answer one or more of these, i'd like to ask you another question which you should be able to answer:

-Who does know the answer?
Joeytje50 :)

25-Nov-2010 19:40:26

Dalia

Dalia

Posts: 6,728 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To Mod Raven and Mod Ana S:
Do developers every take a “specialty” in their work? Such as making skill additions, quests, item additions and so on or do they dabble in many fields of the game?
I have noticed that Runescape pulls it’s content inspiration from current issues and historical sources- I see similarities to the gate doors at north Falador and these ancient gate doors I saw at the British Museum. What kinds of things do you guys like to use for inspiration?
I love pets- care to divulge anything about their future? Any plans or contemplations about changing current pets (like cats into hellcats) or when new pets are created- how to make them unique (such as needing something besides summoning levels or luck to acquire.)
How about dem’ Construction updates mentioned in another Q+A a while back? Or have the lawyer zombies suggested that we have to engage a “need to know basis” about this topic?
Summoning is one of my favorite skills yet I also know it isn’t perfect- have you heard of any updates or changes coming to it?
To Mod Raven: Thanks for the Ravens in the holiday event! I liked the new characters introduced during this past Halloween Event- could we perhaps have some new ones for the Easter Event too? The squirrels were a great start! Assuming you’ll be doing that project this year.
To Mod Ana S: Welcome aboard and what do you hope to personally work on in the game?
Thank you for your time!
~Sacornus the acorn

25-Nov-2010 19:40:55

Sumurai8

Sumurai8

Posts: 300 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Only 1 question for Mod Ana S (sorry mod Raven, hope you won't kill me for that, otherwise till next halloween update when I'll rise again): Why did you become member of the Content team of RS? There are lots of jobs to choose from, so why this one?
EDIT: Oh, I think of 1 more question (for both, if you remember): What was the first thing you said when you start working @ Jagex?
Tickling feathers are not optional.

25-Nov-2010 19:41:15 - Last edited on 25-Nov-2010 20:04:49 by Sumurai8

Nenivrak

Nenivrak

Posts: 1,595 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. Is the Mahjarrat Ritual quest going to be the absolutely final quest in the storyline, i.e. no quests related to the Mahjarrat, Dragonkin or Zaros will be released after the Ritual quest?
2. Will the quest "Do No Evil" have new Mahjarrat related lore?
3. Is the Abyss teleportation incantation "Veniens! Sallakar! Rinnesset!" intentionally similar to the Ancient Magicks teleports, like Annakarl, Senntisten or Carrallangar?
4. Why does Thorgel, the dwarf at the Death Altar, say "pretty please with blood talisman on top" even though the dwarves are supposed to have no knowledge about magic and no ability to use it?
5. Why there is a Zaros symbol on Glarial's grave? Didn't Glarial follow Seren? (There is also a ghost cursed by Zaros standing outside the grave)
6. What's the connection between elf related shadows (shadow spiders, Temple of Light shadows) and Mahjarrat related shadows (Shadow ancient spells, Damis, shadow hounds etc)?
7. Is the Elven dark lord Zamorak or not?
8. Why there are Seren symbols in Daemonheim?
9. Is the next elf quest in development?
10. Why are you creating new series, like the Void series, even though there are a lot of seemingly forgotten and cliffhanging series that haven't received sequels in several years?
11. Are water reflection and bloom lighting going to be released this year?
12. Have you considered getting rid of stupid limitations, like not being able to note untradeable items or not being able to put them to beast of burden inventory?
13. Is Snape Grass a Harry Potter reference (Severus Snape the potions professor)?
14. Do the Mahjarrat have "external soul objects" aka lich phylacteries, like the needle of Koschei the Deathless or Voldemort's horcruxes?
15. Is a second war of gods near (Blood Runs Deep - The End of Things = Ragnarök)?
16. Can the God Wars lore in the Armies of Gielinor game be considered canonical?

25-Nov-2010 19:42:42 - Last edited on 25-Nov-2010 20:08:39 by Nenivrak

Magma
May Member 2023

Magma

Posts: 1,677 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(1) How difficult is it to make new content develop the story of RuneScape, without making old popular content obsolete?
(2) There are many parts of the game that are in a sort of "Cliffhanger state" (Like the frozen door in the God Wars dungeon, the plans of Mother Mallum, Prifddinas...). Are there super-secret plot notes that give designers an idea where the storyline should head, or is each designer free to take the story where they want as long as it fits the theme of the existing content?
The Empty Lord is a figment of the imagination of gullible people who started worshipping the purple Elder Bathrobe. The name and symbol comes from the washing label: Za-ros means "Do not dry clean".

25-Nov-2010 19:44:03

Pci
Aug Member 2023

Pci

Posts: 3,089 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Firstly, hello Ana and congratulations on your new role with Jagex.
This isn't necessarily just about your role with Jagex, but more about the Jagex lifestyle, which myself and I'm sure many many other members of the RuneScape and Funorb
community would be very interested in.
I'm sure working as a developer would be very hard brain-straining work, thankfully you have a games room to battle each other out when work gets a little too much! However, I'm
not entirely sure if you are working with art, or core back-end development. Ana, I am very interested in what you studied before you persued your career with Jagex and if you
wish to state; where you studied. Games development is something I am very interested in. Myself, I have been independantly experimenting with PHP and MySQL systems to create a
gaming environment. I am very pleased with my work, and it surely feels great to know that people are using your games and its content and enjoying it! This feeling will
probably be new to you, but I'm sure you will find it a thousand times as great as RuneScape is one of the most successful browser-based games in existance, and will be for a
very long time; if not, forever.
What is it like working at the Jagex Headquarters thus far? Let me know all the goodies .. and perhaps the naughties of your daily work! ;)
Raven,
I would like to thank you for helping create yet another successful Halloween event for RuneScape. Myself and many others enjoyed it and I'm sure they would appreciate it just
as much as myself. My question for you today is not something you would generally find here. It's about the processing of system updates, which I feel you may be familiar with
since you have been working with Jagex for some time I assume.
When I mean System Updates, yes I am referring to when new content is released for players to use, after the update counter is displayed.
And the same as Ana, what is lifestyle like working at Jagex HQ? :-)
Many Thanks for reading
¸,•º´`º•,¸
PCI
¸•°•,
`º•;¸¸,•º´
Proudly scaping since 2002

25-Nov-2010 19:44:34

Meep M

Meep M

Posts: 387 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just wondering if either of you are currently working on developing new items that might make use of the constitution update, as we were told that this was one of the main reasons for the change
and also what other areas are you guys working on updates for? kthx

25-Nov-2010 19:45:51

Quick find code: 254-255-36-61918651 Back to Top