Forums

Slayer & Combat Weekend

Quick find code: 254-255-354-65361386

gpsdps

gpsdps

Posts: 263 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Maven said :
-Double amounts of all rare drops, and the ring of wealth doubles in effectiveness.

My team got 2 drops at armadyl and both 1 item at once, whats wrong?

just cause it says ring doubles dosent mean ull get double loot there just saying its gona have an increased drop rate is all
it rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again

03-May-2014 15:52:29

John Vesely
Sep Member 2023

John Vesely

Posts: 1,766 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mionee said :
Original message details are unavailable.
Figured I'd post here to clarify a few points. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the design vs implementation, as I'm not in the office today - there's no one I can clarify this with, so I'm just using my common sense vs what I can see in the code, as well as checking any documentation we have. Regardless, here's my findings:

Double drops:
-Double rare drops are indeed the rare drop table only. Unique drops are not doubled. This looks like this is by design, so this is likely a communication error. As far as I can see, this is working.
-Adding an extra charm for single charm drops appears to have been missed. I saw this via my morning forum trawl (not social media :P ) at about 10am BST, I hotfixed that so it should now work. Yes, it's the weekend, I got up at 10!

Bosses:
-The Kalphite King, Vorago and Barrows: Rise of the Six have increased chances at hitting the unique drops. These are not doubled. I can confirm Vorago is included too, I'll edit the newspost in a moment to state this.
-The mole drops double loot. This is likely due to there not being an expensive unique drop.

Ring of Wealth:
-Using the Ring of Wealth has increased chances of triggering. However, double the effect does not mean double the chance of it triggering. It works by lowering the drop "roll" number. So, for instance, instead of having a 1/128 chance of receiving something, the chance may be lowered to 1/125. On this weekend, the reduction is doubled - so now, there's a 1/122 chance. If that makes sense.

now stop bitching.

Wow. Just wow. Mod finally admits the charms were not included for single charm drops. Do we get 9 hours added for this mistake? Yeah right. They don't give a crap and won't respond either. He also says there was a "communication error" on the double rare drops. No really?? A communication error?? Some freakin clarification could have easily solved this. (Continued)
I love hot cheetos.

03-May-2014 16:05:51

John Vesely
Sep Member 2023

John Vesely

Posts: 1,766 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(Continued)
Jagex, you seriously screwed up this weekend and don't even care how it affected the players. There have been no apologies and there certainly will not be any extended time to the weekend. This was the weekend i was looking most forward to. I was so excited that it was chosen to be first but now I wish it would have been last. Maybe by the last weekend they will decide to do a little extra work and clarify what exactly is included/not included. Thanks for ruining my excitement. :/
I love hot cheetos.

03-May-2014 16:06:04 - Last edited on 03-May-2014 16:11:43 by John Vesely

KurumiiXD

KurumiiXD

Posts: 340 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am enjoying the slayer weekend i have level from 68 slayer to 72 in 5 hours loving the drops from the giant mole and keen to enjoy the rest of the weekend :D

Thank you jagex for this grateful weekend <3

03-May-2014 18:08:55 - Last edited on 03-May-2014 18:09:51 by KurumiiXD

Herblawyer
Oct Member 2023

Herblawyer

Posts: 7,312 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
a humble f0x said :
Social Media Challenges?

Are you for real?
>****;
You want me to make a twitter, facebook and pinterest account to receive something in-game?

There is no way to express how I feel about this in a polite way...
No, I'm pretty sure the Social Media Challenges only give you a badge or something to show off on social media sites. It won't affect your account in any way, as far as I know (as in, you won't miss any items, privileges, bragging rights, etc.). I might be wrong, of course, but I sincerely hope I'm not.

03-May-2014 18:54:21

Quick find code: 254-255-354-65361386 Back to Top