Forums

Audio Team Reddit AMAA

Quick find code: 254-255-235-64979250

BallyBoy
Apr Member 2023

BallyBoy

Posts: 1,292 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Flabberjab said :
I clicked on the RS3 Sizzle annotation on the latest BTS vid, and it brought me here. :P

~Flab

The same thing brought me here. ;)

Mod Lord FTW!
If you can't be a pencil to write anyone's happiness, then try to be a nice eraser to remove someone's sadness.

15-May-2013 21:06:51

Zamatron

Zamatron

Posts: 384 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As a professional Audio Engineer, this BTS was very enjoyable for me to watch, can't wait to see all the questions asked, and keep up all the amazing work, music and sound FX can be what makes...or breaks a game :P
I led a glorious rebellion once, but boredom took it's toll.

15-May-2013 23:27:53

Ary-a
Nov Member 2020

Ary-a

Posts: 200 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is honestly my favorite update in my 7+ years in playing Runescape. I love that folk music sound, and even those 7 seconds of Sea Shanty 2 that you played in the video was beautiful. If you made it into hardcore dubstep or rap or something I would have probably cried, but this was the best way to keep the integrity of the music and I love you guys all the more for it.

Even as a band nerd this sounds incredibly nerdy, but I used to always love opening up the Midi files of the old songs in Finale and seeing what actually went into the songs. Is there any way you could release the sheet music for the music now that you are redoing everything? I'm not sure how big the demand would be, but for me at least it would mean a lot. Thank you for putting even more effort into the Runescape music :)

As a side note I was even featured in a Runescape Behind the Scenes with a runescape music box I made. I offered to ship one but I don't think I eve got confirmation that the mods bought the box for the strip. Are you guys still interested in it? (Just search Runescape music box and I'm sure I'm the only one who comes up)

16-May-2013 00:56:05 - Last edited on 16-May-2013 01:05:15 by Ary-a

RuneHero
Dec Member 2023

RuneHero

Posts: 177 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sadly I'll be working so I can't make it, but I can't wait for the new Music for RS3! * Feeds everyone at Jagex a cookie * Job well done :-)

-+-+-+- Lord Emote -+-+-+-
Join "
RuneHero
" Clan Chat ingame -

Official RuneHero Community Forum Thread QFC
:
320-321-884-66187249

16-May-2013 03:24:37

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
[#GSXSZYM0T] said :
So when the transcript is out for those who don't visit Reddit thing?

It's unlikely we will have a transcript from Reddit (As that would basically be like copying an entire forum thread!) but you should be able to view the AMAA for a while even after it's finished.

We will include the link here before the AMAA goes live later today!

16-May-2013 16:37:40

Quick find code: 254-255-235-64979250 Back to Top