Forums

Halloween Comic Strip Comp! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-21-61790231

Bartofires

Bartofires

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey,
I have a question about one of the comics, and it has to do with my bad use of the english language.. so..
' I'll check in with Pete.. '
Does this mean something like, see how Pete is doing right now? Like: checking out if he's fine?
Please answer ;) Thanks
bytheway, nice competition :D

11-Oct-2010 18:26:21

Mod Jon H

Mod Jon H

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey all,
It's cool to see so much enthusiasm about this already. :)
Some of you have been asking "what if I can't draw very well?" or similar questions.
Don't worry - you can still enter. Our resident comic artist Mod Laura W will be drawing the final artwork based on the submission that we like the best.
According to the rules of the contest you do still need to use the templates we have provided. This is to keep the playing field as level as possible. But you can just put stick men in if you like. It is the best idea (and the funniest/wittiest captions) that will win.
Doesn't matter how you choose to create your entry. If you like, you can print the template out, draw your entry in with a pencil and take a photo of it. Or you can keep it all-digital by doing the whole thing in a graphics program. We just need it in a valid image format so we can view it.
Whatever entry wins, we may release the 'raw' version alongside Laura's final version, for a kind of 'before/after' vibe. This isn't 100% certain, but keep it in mind. :)
Good luck! :D
-JH

11-Oct-2010 18:43:02 - Last edited on 11-Oct-2010 18:53:56 by Mod Jon H

Mod Jon H

Mod Jon H

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hi Bartofires ,
"I have a question about one of the comics, and it has to do with my bad use of the english language.. so..
' I'll check in with Pete.. '
Does this mean something like, see how Pete is doing right now? Like: checking out if he's fine?"

That's nearly right but not exactly. I'd say it means something more like "go and visit someone for a purpose" - in this case the purpose would be "visit Pete to ask him about the party".
-JH

11-Oct-2010 19:16:05

Quick find code: 254-255-21-61790231 Back to Top