Forums

T.S Church Q&A - Questions Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-20-61790225

Orbestro
Nov Member 2023

Orbestro

Posts: 14,122 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well howdy Mr. Church, I have a few questions for you:
1. What inspired you to begin work on an RS novel, and how did you connect with Jagex to get it published and officially endorsed? Or did these events happen in a different order?
2. Why have you decided to keep your identity a secret? No need to be shy :)
3. How has your RuneScape character been progressing in relation to the books? What level do you think he'll be by the end of the trilogy, and do you think your exposure to higher-level content will affect the books in any way?
4. Would you ever consider dropping in the RuneScape story forums and maybe running/judging a contest, to help all us amateurs?
Thanks for your time ^_^ .
~ O_o rbie
Lorehound
through and through.

13-Oct-2010 04:23:09

WritingToMe

WritingToMe

Posts: 302 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Will there be an offer like buying this 2nd book have a BONUS code to redeem some kind of in-game item/s?
Runescape has already done in similar fashion with the banner. Perhaps armour/+ weapon that bases off the heroine/hero & villain/s described appearance.

13-Oct-2010 15:59:44

DobbelB

DobbelB

Forum Moderator Posts: 6,674 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The only things I'm curious about (I haven't read the book yet), are:

-Did you play RS yourself, to make sure nothing interferes with the RS lore?
-Did you invent the new lore yourself?
-Or were you just given a plot, and access to the details of the setting, and they you had to write about it?

13-Oct-2010 16:13:04

Josh Boz
Oct Member 2009

Josh Boz

Posts: 1,756 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. when you first started writing the book what were your plans for it? where your intentions to try and get it published or did you originally plan to post it in the Runescape Stories forum or even keep it to yourself?
2. have you ever posted in the Runescape stories forum if so was it nice to hear peoples feedback without them knowing who you where?

13-Oct-2010 16:17:30

Lime Farmer

Lime Farmer

Posts: 1,640 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey,
Loved the book and can't wait for the sequel in February. (I believe)
My question is, Will we ever see a romantic relationship between Kara and Theodore? Maybe in the sequel or any future sequels. It was hinted at in Betrayal at Falador.

13-Oct-2010 16:22:54

Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Posts: 402 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I ordered this book from one finnish site like an year ago, and I got it today! (the paperback version) I already had forgotten about the book when the firm said the first edition is sold out, but was quite a surprised to see it at home today :) I've only read few chapters so far, but seems interesting.
I've already found out that the next runescape book is coming out at March 2011. Will that be wide release, or just limited edition like Betrayal at Falador was back in 2008? (hoping for wide release!)
Is 'Return to Canifis' going to have the same characters, or completely different story with different characters?
Are you, or Jagex planning to publish more runescape based books other than these two? (Betrayal at Falador and Return to Canifis) I personally love reading and it would be so cool to have more runescape based books, for example based on some of the coolest complete quest series like fairies or mahjarrat!

13-Oct-2010 16:25:51 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2010 20:05:28 by Crookshanks

Quick find code: 254-255-20-61790225 Back to Top