Forums

Two w42 Communities? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-955-66108557

The contents of this message have been hidden.

05-Jul-2019 21:12:02

Quael
Jan Member 2018

Quael

Posts: 3,628 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
so when are you clowns going to stop pointing fingers and playing the blame game and act like adults?

Honestly, never. Let me apologize on behalf on W42 for most of it's participants. But for the fact that everyone loves to point fingers, insult each other and act like the victim thinking they've done nothing, this will never stop. Well, it will once everyone figures out that giving facts, information, proof and opinions against each other would only fuel their target into acting the victim, which both attempt doesn't' work and stop posting in this thread.

So this will be bumped and remain on the first page until everyone just realizes, we're in a role-playing community. Nothing is split and there's nothing we can do to force people out. Everyone has their own little canon they prefer keeping a lock on and only accepting a few people in. Or are more open than others. Honestly this is the biggest fire I've seen world 42 in. (There may be more but this is the biggest I'VE seen.) So you can either grab a popcorn, and enjoy the chaos as it will ever stop, jump into a role-play that isn't this, cooked. Or Ignore it and still role-play.

I'm saying this as a role-play, who while yes, I don't agree with a certain side (and we all know who) but as one who actually does care more about the community. AM I doing something about this flame? Honestly I can't. All I can do is keep my adventuring/questing group open for anyway who desires to be part of it. Honestly, this attempt is trying to prove one side to the other. And it just proves both sides "right"

If I was given the chance, that no one gives me, to explain the best option for EVERYONE. And I will say it even if no one asks for it. [Second post for more]
Duke of Fort Forinthry
Interested in role-play? check out: The Quest Collective

05-Jul-2019 21:32:33

05-Jul-2019 21:36:23

05-Jul-2019 21:41:07

Quael
Jan Member 2018

Quael

Posts: 3,628 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And it's simple. BE MORE OPEN. ROLE-PLAY AS YOU WANT. Just because we have a POK system (That i disagree with) and a corrupted website that everyone is dreaming of remaking, it means nothing. World 42 is still a one community. This community that we all share just has (and always has) three separate canon (two that are somewhat the same.) FYI: when I say canon, I mean fan-fiction/ role-play history of certain groups/people.

One is a public role-play canon. This canon is open for EVERYONE to see and join in. NO ONE controls this canon. This canon is just for everyone to use and be in. Second is a private role-play canon. This canon is NOT open for everyone. In fact, this canon is simply closed of, and rejects people they don't like, acknowledge, or goes straight on ahead to blacklisting over grudges. And none of them is official. It's not. This is a role-play community. If there is 2 group that runs the same kingdom, then theirs two group that runs the kingdom. But nothing is official. Then there is a 3rd canon. In-game lore. This canon is considered to be "private also, if you don't acknowledge a POK." But to me, and several others I've spoken to, this is a separate canon.

This third canon is more into the in-game lore. And is open to accept anyone to join in, no matter of POK alignment or not. This canon is also NOT OFFICIAL. Why? Because this is role-play guys. If I wanted, I can just make a thread and claim to own Asgarnia. Guess what, I can, why? Because I want to try it out, and because this is a ROLE-PLAYING community. Nothing is official.

So honestly. All this power play, claim, and forcing to accept one because "IT IS THE NEW AND OFFICIAL ONE"is really dumb and makes you look dumb. If you agree with me, good on you, we share the same mind. And if you don't, good on you you have your own opinion to the matter. Because that's all it is. Opinions not wanting to see there's other opinions.

I shared than I should. Enjoy, and hope this teaches some people.
Duke of Fort Forinthry
Interested in role-play? check out: The Quest Collective

05-Jul-2019 21:49:37

HC Tervuren

HC Tervuren

Posts: 182 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quael said :
Ghazgkull said :
so when are you clowns going to stop pointing fingers and playing the blame game and act like adults?
Honestly this is the biggest fire I've seen world 42 in. (There may be more but this is the biggest I'VE seen.)

I disagree. There have been plenty more serious things happen before. This community is too small for it to be too detrimental, and the only thing it really unfortunately hurts is the chance to gain new roleplayers. Nobody will willingly wander into this dumpster fire and RP. Not to mention the fact that RS3 is complete and utter hilarious garbage compared to OSRS and other games.

More importantly, it is only slightly detrimental to a potential influx of roleplayers given the fact that a sticky holder is acting with such ill-intent that he'd blacklist people, and even go so far as to imply it's acceptable in his very thread. I don't really care about the split canon toxicity, I care more about the fact that a sticky holder is that guy in particular. If I had the decision it'd be Croconuts' thread and nothing else.

That aside, ultimately the best decision in all this split canon BS is to suck it up, move on and wait for the community to inevitably die because of it. It'd be wonderful if all this OOC spite could be taken IC so that a challenge is revived between people in the community, but it's clear that people would rather sit on a high-horse and that is directed at nobody in particular.

Honestly the best decision might just be Jagex taking these forums down and changing W42 to a different-themed server. :SHRUG:
Kristian
|
Kandarin
|
Vekon
|
Tervurens
|
I love canines!

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

05-Jul-2019 21:50:13 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2019 21:53:18 by HC Tervuren

Quick find code: 237-238-955-66108557 Back to Top