Forums

Two w42 Communities? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-955-66108557

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RiDaku said :
something as simple as "What is Public roleplay?" has been politicized and weaponized

Exhibit A
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

02-Jul-2019 19:33:56

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vekon said :

ebolahuakbar said :
So at least two groups, with differing channels of communication, interpretations of how to follow community rules, different social spaces, the same "we aren't going to reconcile our differences" dance every few months...

Yep. People preach forgiveness and letting bygones be, but when it gets down to it a lot of us cannot let go of our personal beef, spite, and grudges to move forward for the health of 42. It's a sad reality, but one that has to be dealt with unfortunately. It gets worse that whenever a new RPer pops up, they're typically fed bad rumors about years-old behavior of certain players just to further invoke the "my side is the better side" mentality. People are genuinely manipulative on 42.

For the record we are moving forward for the health of 42. That's why we're not including you anymore. Still I pleased to see that you are finally owning up to badmouthing other roleplayers to as many new members of our community as possible.

Y'know it's just slightly possible, if you own up to everything and made a real effort at changing that I might be willing to acknowledge you one day. Possibly.
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

02-Jul-2019 19:39:00

Valiesin
Dec Member 2021

Valiesin

Posts: 3,781 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Pyro I said :

For the record we are moving forward for the health of 42.

Exhibit B.

An individual who I've known for an actual decade in this community, notoriously trolling roleplayers throughout that time, harassing via private messages, and breaking roleplay rules that were established prior to the existence of player stickied threads on this forum.

This same individual believes he and his band of (friends? I don't think they've known him long enough) seem to believe they have the elixir and antidote to curing common internet behavior and typical MMO interactions by breaking rules to do so.

This individual was on an ignore list for 10 years by a vast majority of the playerbase, not because we, a vast majority, were elitists or bullies, but because we didn't want to be harassed, commanded, or trolled, by this individual.

It amazes me how many generations of roleplayers we've seen come and go and how a few individuals like Exhibit B managed to take advantage of that to prey on the introduction of fresh roleplayers.

That's why there's the RuneScaoe Role-play community and there's a small cohort of individuals who let one players history of rulebreaking, harassment, and trolling, invent their new style of roleplaying. The powerplay and autohit of stories, clans, and characters.

I was perfectly okay with the Kingdom of Asgarnia because of the IC effort it took for that player-king to assert his position.

There is no excuse for powerplaying and autohitting players in Kandarin.

There is no excuse for powerplaying and autohitting players in Misthalin.
.„¸¸,.·` |
Valiesin
| `· .,¸¸„.

02-Jul-2019 21:29:59

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

@Valiesin

A perfectly reasoned argument if you continue to accept the insane logic of your group. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one and this is no different. You ignored me because you are elitists and because (as we both know full well) I had your characters dead to rights (thinking of a kidnapping plot with Dark Fury here) and you wanted to avoid the negative effects that would ensue.

Which of course is exactly why we couldn't fight you over Kandarin, your inability to acknowledge defeat coupled with that most charming of traits: trying to make others look bad.

Have I made mistakes? Certainly.
Did I stop making them? Kinda looks that way.
Have you? Evidently not.

The issues in the Misthalin rebellion only highlight this issue all the more. Afterall filling the ranks of the rebels with roflchars leaves you in so much stronger a position than having to organize an invasion from Kandarin (assuming you even owned it at that point which you didn't but if you'd tried to have the army sail from yanille I would've acknowledged it). It avoids all those risks around dividing your forces so that we have a chance of beating each group separately.

It allows you to storm the bridges en masse which was certainly the only way you would have gotten across them alive given that trying to swim across with only a few people would have gotten you fried with magic before you made it halfway (you probably still didn't have the numbers for this but like good elitists you fixed this by crossing a 30 or so meter river, geared for war in less than a minute and then pretending that was all perfectly legitimate).

Of course you could have used the bridges at Lumbridge, safely overlooked by a stronghold under rebel control. Oh wait you knew Runekian wasn't on your side OOC'ly and would have probably blown up the bridge when you were halfway across. Good thing the metagaming rule only exists for those you don't like, eh?

(cont)
#WarIsComing

04-Jul-2019 19:44:24

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

(cont)

And please don't bring up Oxtus' excuse of "we didn't use Lumbridge because Draynor is more direct and we just wanted to get on with it". This right here outlines my personal issue with you as roleplayers: you are just so bad at it. Seriously, your character chose a more dangerous route for their army to take because they were just bored of the war? Could you ever try to stay in character? Could you ever leave the stupid arrogance to one side for a moment while IC? You may say that's just who your character is, in which case I just say you made a poorly written character.

Finally,

As I said earlier I am not perfect. I have made mistakes on W42. Not as many as you like to claim when I'm opposing you but I have made them. My crimes are usually stated as poor judgement (or stupidity/insanity) but never as deliberate nastiness and I cannot say the same about your group.

But most importantly it simply does not matter. I could be the greatest monster W42 has ever known, I could even be as bad as everything all of you have ever accused me of and it would not excuse a single thing that any member of your group has done. It's time for you to own your own mistakes instead of busily attempting every form of deflection, diversion and distraction you can think of.
#WarIsComing

04-Jul-2019 19:57:23

Mayajuana
Mar Member 2021

Mayajuana

Posts: 293 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’m not even going to bother rebutting Pyro trying to pretend that he hasn’t actively broken the most basic rules of RSRP since, like, forever.

What I WILL say, though, is that the thought that literally one person involved in the rebel side of that battle having an active Kandarin character being done elaborate scheme to oust Pyro is... something. Chalking it up to literally anything other than multiclanning in a very small community is stupidity at best and active strawmanning at worst. I truly, genuinely, do not understand where this claim is coming from. I, and many others who attended/spectated the event can confirm that literally only ONE rebel participant also rped in Kandarin. One. I don’t understand if this was some weird ploy to get out of losing a battle or something, but blaming everything on this Kandarin boogeyman is weird. Like, seriously weird. If you are genuinely paranoid about some elaborate ooc plot on Kandarin’s end to oust Lord_Pyro_Eye because one person was multiclanning, I’m actually sorry for you.
Also, while i’m here: Panera was the only one to cross the river in armor, and he was promptly ignored by both sides who agreed that it was dumb as hell. 2. There were no Kandar forces in the invasion, so... Nothing should’ve been shipped in? Lmao. 3. While I hate to get into this because I feel like it’s something that maybe one person said being held as the group standard, it’s literally 100% feasible that rebels wouldn’t want their homeland to be in turmoil any longer than it would need to be??

04-Jul-2019 20:45:34

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 6,003 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mayajuana said :
Also, while i’m here: Panera was the only one to cross the river in armor, and he was promptly ignored by both sides who agreed that it was dumb as hell.

Incorrect, everybody was crossing the river. Every single person crossed the river. In record time, too, because in the maybe one minute timespan it took my character to fight their Vile-esque golem-

(which I'll repeat from Nath's thread about how much fun it was to be able to fight something so similar to my own creation, and then beat it, proving that not only is it beatable if you use any level of brainpower but also that things like that are apparently more than acceptable as long as they're on That side of the coin)

-the entire rebellion had managed to cross the raging waters of a long, deep river that required an ornate bridge to get over that had been toyed with and driven to white-waters by two mages battling for control over it. So easily was the river crossed that when I explained to Drak that the overinfusion of magical energy drained from the golem would give the Sage enough power to send a Saradomin Strike out, I was told that there was already some type of earth attack being flung from the ground to shatter my character's spine. Again, this was all in the span of maybe one minute IC, if you're feeling generous, and is just one of the many examples that caused the rp to be voided.

Feel free to continue shoving all of that under the rug though. I'm sure it helps your case. Just like how Valiesin is implying that we "haven't known Pyro long enough to be friends", and that somehow Pyro is building this whole thing? Instead of it being a collective effort of a grand number of people that are tired of the same watered-down mealy paste that your side of the table keeps trying to feed us. We've made it clear we haven't wanted it for years now. Straw, camel, back.
The Sicarius |
They think they are "the many", and I "the few". They think this gives them the right to walk over me.

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

04-Jul-2019 20:55:53

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Mayajuana said :
I’m not even going to bother rebutting Pyro trying to pretend that he hasn’t actively broken the most basic rules of RSRP since, like, forever.

What I WILL say, though, is that the thought that literally one person involved in the rebel side of that battle having an active Kandarin character being done elaborate scheme to oust Pyro is... something. Chalking it up to literally anything other than multiclanning in a very small community is stupidity at best and active strawmanning at worst. I truly, genuinely, do not understand where this claim is coming from. I, and many others who attended/spectated the event can confirm that literally only ONE rebel participant also rped in Kandarin. One. I don’t understand if this was some weird ploy to get out of losing a battle or something, but blaming everything on this Kandarin boogeyman is weird. Like, seriously weird. If you are genuinely paranoid about some elaborate ooc plot on Kandarin’s end to oust Lord_Pyro_Eye because one person was multiclanning, I’m actually sorry for you.
Also, while i’m here: Panera was the only one to cross the river in armor, and he was promptly ignored by both sides who agreed that it was dumb as hell. 2. There were no Kandar forces in the invasion, so... Nothing should’ve been shipped in? Lmao. 3. While I hate to get into this because I feel like it’s something that maybe one person said being held as the group standard, it’s literally 100% feasible that rebels wouldn’t want their homeland to be in turmoil any longer than it would need to be??

No I think it was I ploy to oust me because people were PMing Runekian begging him to be the one to take over from me and force Misthalin into the Kandarin canon.

And your endless insistence of "just one kandar rper" is pointless. I'm talking about the fact that there were only two Misthalin Rpers in the entire event and that everyone else was a rofl from Kandar or its allies.
#WarIsComing

04-Jul-2019 21:09:32

Quick find code: 237-238-955-66108557 Back to Top