Forums

War of the Magii

Quick find code: 237-238-922-65885958

Rexost

Rexost

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-Communiques, Comorbs, Slayer Gems, and personal communication devices around Gielinor would crackle to life all at once. There would be a second of dead air, followed by the meow of a cat. Shortly after, a voice could be heard.-

"I'm not sure who this is actually reaching, but it's worth a shot. For years now, I've worked as a point of light in many people's dark lives, solving crime and locking away true criminals. But before that, I grew up in Kandarin where my cousin was king. I saw the horrors that necromancy, dark magics, ancient curses, and consorting with gods can bring first hand through the eyes of a child. It sickened me. I've dedicated my life to being the antithesis of my own flesh and blood, righting wrongs instead of causing them. But I also saw these same magics be used to fight evil, to save friends, and to redeem family.

As this magic civil war escalates, I ask all of you not to fight for your own personal gain, or even in the defense of your own lives, but for the moral convictions you have tended for years. Is all this magic evil? Of course not. Are all people evil? Of course not. But when you take dark magic and a dark heart, the results cast a shadow over all who are part of either group, whether they themselves are corrupted or not.

I don't care what side you fight for. I don't even care if you're fighting at all. What matters is that you stand by your beliefs to the bitter end. No one should be able to change who you are without your consent. Be stubborn, dig your heels in, stand by your friends, accept fate, and live on as yourself, and above all else:

Love each other despite all of it."

-There was another crackle, and then silence. Attempts to 'redial' the source would fail.-
Edgar
=/=
Rex
=/=
Rend

#PraiseTuffty

28-Feb-2017 02:46:26 - Last edited on 28-Feb-2017 02:51:34 by Rexost

DormamMagus
May Member 2019

DormamMagus

Posts: 3,718 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not to be outdone Magus sent messengers out across Gielinor. Unless interrupted rune guardians would walk into the runecrafting guild, the tower, the mages guild, various heroes, legends, and others. A few would also make their way to altars, the Mages Training Arena, and anywhere else Mages would gather. Each of them would lie down on the floor as wards on their backs activated. From the wards rose an image of Magus. (ex: Kinshra leader from battle of Falador)

It is with grave news that I reach out to all of you today. As you have at this point no doubt heard I am on the run. The Saradominists Inquisition, aided and abetted by the Armadylians and Guthixians breached the formerly sovereign ground of the Wizards Tower to attempt to arrest me. They claim some adherence to higher law and will no doubt attempt to persuade many of you with the same logic but make no mistake this is an act of war. War against the independence of any mages who do not follow Saradomin. This intrusion against our strength and independence will not go unanswered and reluctantly I am the one who must deliver the response.

Any who believe they are safe are misguided. The Inquisition has already spread it's action onto both the sovereign soil of the Tower and into Misthalin. They are coming for you because of your families, your strength, and your freedom. None of us asked for this war but we cannot stand idly by while our freedom is stripped away by the Saradominists and their pawns. I can offer you safe haven and I can offer you the tools you'll need to strike back but make no mistake this will make you criminals but so often the good fights do.

I apologize if it seems as if my actions are the catalyst for this conflict but in truth, it was simply what the inquisition chose to act on. Some may choose not to act because they are not the targets but rest assured you will be. We can stand together now or stand alone later but each of us must stand.

28-Feb-2017 04:39:44 - Last edited on 28-Feb-2017 04:50:30 by DormamMagus

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Posts: 5,379 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
¸¸,.•°´¨`°•.,¸¸
`°•.,¸¸
`°•.¸.•°´
¸¸,.•°´
¸¸,.•°´¨`°•.,¸¸

•(†)•
The Poor Ladies of Saint Camilla
•(†)•

°
Reserved
°

We, the Poor Ladies of Saint Camilla the Charitable, offer our views to the Council of the Law-Abiding Magi, on magic that is to be banned.

We do this, to maintain the Order brought by the time of Saint Catherine and Saint Camilla of Asgarnia, in the Holy Name of Saradomin.

Necromancy
Magic of the soul is strictly in the Hands of Gods, and Death himself. Saradomin saves our souls, Death collects them. No others have right to grasp these.

Demon Summoning
The History of Delrith, of the Dreaded Chthonians of Storm and Web, and of those foul beasts Zamorak controls are dark arts indeed, that allow a handful of Magi to put many cities at risk. This art must be banned entirely.

Aurumalchemy (Gold Alchemy)
For the dangerous effect it has on the Order of the Economy, due to inflation. In addition, it allows those privileged to access to Runes to grow only richer, while the poor continue to suffer in Squalor. This is injust, in the eyes of our Order.

Chronomancy
The Stopping, quickening, slowing, and reversal of time is explicitly an art for poor, for all is part of Saradomin's plan. Trying to change such, is to doubt Saradomin's plan and will, and thus, is heresy at the finest.

Makeover Magic
A dangerous art used to change the bodies' shape, it is most used by Assassins, and those who wish to create monsters.
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

28-Feb-2017 06:02:40 - Last edited on 28-Feb-2017 06:13:55 by Lady Airlea

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

The Ancient Magic of the Mahjarrat Tribe
Used by the Mahjarrat and their filthy descendants and servants, these spells are used almost entirely in the names of dark gods, such as Sliske and Zamorak.

Shadow Magic
A section of its own, expanding on the above. The terrorist known as Deborah "The Dollmaker" used her access to the Shadow Realm to terrorize the world, unleash monsters, kidnap the clergy, and slay the holy followers of the Gods for no reason other than fun. Spells to cloak oneself in shadow, have no purpose for those who are not afraid of Saradomin's light.

Chaos Magic
Used by the Dagon'Hai of Zamorak, Chaos Magic controls the mind, feeling, and thoughts of a person. This corruptive magic leads both the user and victim to mortal sin, and must be entirely outlawed.

Skinweaving
The potential for one to create monstrosities of the like of Ganodermic beasts is too dangerous, the monstrosities' corruptible power on par with the old tales of Ripper Demons. This must not only be banned, but be considered a capital crime and dark art of the Healing spell class.

The Spellbook of Elise Olivriar
This disgusting tome involves extensive blood magic, interferes with the sanctity of life, Saradomin's plans, and interacts with Demons of literal and metaphorical nature. The spellbook is smut, and must be burned from the face of Gielinor, cast to Zamorak's eternal fires.
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

28-Feb-2017 06:02:54 - Last edited on 28-Feb-2017 06:12:28 by Lady Airlea

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Name: Robin Dawnsong

Race: Human

Magical Specialty: Mind Magic, Earth spells, Entangle

Faction: Mage de Jure (Inquisition)

Name: Faaiza Abdul'Qadir

Magical Specialty: Necromancy, Ancient Magic

Faction: Ordo Magi
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

28-Feb-2017 07:14:11

Marine Doge

Marine Doge

Posts: 1,213 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
APPS INCOMING

Name: Felix Nocte
Race: Mutt
Magical Specialty: Water, Ice, Mind (can just put down water if needed)
Faction: Freedom

Name: Darius Nocte
Race: Mutt
Magical Specialty: Time Magic and Shadow Constructs (no time travel dont worry bb)

Name: Edolas
Race: Icyene
Magical Specialty: Healing and Body
Faction: Inquisition

Name: Vauna Vandrake
Magical Specialty: Holy
Faction: Inquisition

Name: Zouken
Magical Specialty: Bugs
Faction: Supremacy
Mods pls notice me

28-Feb-2017 07:19:33

Startraphell

Startraphell

Posts: 536 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Name: Koronos

Race: Ghost

Magical Specialty: Lightning magic, elemental magic, enchanting magic

===

Name: Wu Rin

Race: "Human" (You know the deal)

Magical Specialty: Enchanting, spellswording, ancients, and elementals

===

Name: Ryth

Race: Lich

Magical Specialty: Necromancy, Elemental magic, Ancient magic

Faction: Supremacy
"I am true divinity! I am the father of nations and peoples! I am the thing you merely pretend to be! I am God, and I am King, and you can never defeat me!" ~Galath, Infinity Blade

28-Feb-2017 07:50:06

Rexost

Rexost

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Name: Edgar Dae
Race: Humanish, mostly. Little bit of Mahj in there.
Magical Specialty: Law magics, Enchanting, Divination
Faction: He'd love to be neutral, but he's been shanghai'd into Inquisition

Name: Rend Sul'damane, Herald of the Return
Magical Specialty: Water, Ice, Air, Light, 'Natural' Disasters.

Name: Cmdr. Rexotic Silversmith
Race: Half Elf
Magical Specialty: Fire and Earth, heavy usage of the Slayer Dart, Soul Magic.
Faction: Neutral, currently. Likely Freedom.
Edgar
=/=
Rex
=/=
Rend

#PraiseTuffty

28-Feb-2017 08:05:38 - Last edited on 02-Mar-2017 05:27:17 by Rexost

Quick find code: 237-238-922-65885958 Back to Top