Forums

I'm Back!

Quick find code: 237-238-891-66114924

Sterkrbrandr

Sterkrbrandr

Posts: 99 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey y'all!

I was pretty active (and controversial... but I was like 14) in W42 a few years ago. Then high school happened and football and what not... didn't have time for RS anymore. But now I'm going into college and yes, I think I'll actually have more time now. Anyone from back then who's still around that I offended, I apologize. I've matured a lot and have a lot more roleplaying experience (yay DnD DM'ing).

Anyway, I was wondering what the current state of 42 is. What types of roleplaying mainly goes on. I hear the POK scene is starting to decline. Also who are the main people these days.

Oh and also also I have a character I'm working on. Sort of a mercenary type, but for more civil and governmental diplomatic type stuff than strictly military. Based off Colonel Hans Landa. Lemme know if it'd be a good fit for any of y'alls RPs.

And with that said...

I'm back. Be warned.
"Don't only practise your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise men to the Divine."
42'er - also known as Bullseyedust.

07-Aug-2019 03:58:15

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Posts: 796 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What's up man, my Catch-up Guide is still around.

I also now run a Mercenary Company based out of Khazard if you're interested. Will begin planning events soon.
"The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

07-Aug-2019 06:18:24

CrocoNuts
Jul Member 2010

CrocoNuts

Posts: 2,824 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome back!

POK scene is starting to decline indeed and the main types of RP these days are often sporadic small time sesions hosted by smaller groups of people. Some of them are in non-POK groups like the Quest Collective, the Wizards' Tower or the Void Knights and some of them are in the declining POK based groups (who as you might have seen are bit more all over the place. We have two of each now due to a split canon).

Main people are also not a big thing anymore because literally the entire server's population is quite busy and more grown up than when you first were on it. RP still does happen and I suggest you browse the forums for a group you like and join their Discord server. Most groups use these to announce that they are planning/wanting to RP. I'm sure there's a group that would like a merc. added to the roster so good luck and happy roleaplaying.
Quickly learn how to Roleplay on RuneScape!

I am bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me.

07-Aug-2019 09:26:02

Drakhegao
Dec Member 2023

Drakhegao

Posts: 408 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome back! I'm sure anything I can say has already been nicely summarized by Croco. However, if you're ever looking for roleplay in the Misthalin scene, feel free to add and message me whenever you want! I'm sure there's something still on 42 that'll interest ya! The King of Egypt herself.
Looking for fun and interactive kingdom roleplay? Look no farther than Misthalin !

08-Aug-2019 05:06:40

Quick find code: 237-238-891-66114924 Back to Top