Forums

W42 and Discord

Quick find code: 237-238-570-65971103

CrocoNuts
Jul Member 2010

CrocoNuts

Posts: 2,824 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey gang,

I woke up this morning to find out that my social platform to stay in touch with W42 is gone. Fuck the details on how that happened, cba with that shit. But now how will I talk with lots of people about video games? Lore? See if RP happens? Laugh with as we make memes?

You all know where this is headed, lol.

Me and my closest friend Mike (Khaji) instantly started to work on the infrastucture for a W42 Discord pretty much like the one we had before.
It's going to be a simple Discord where the people of W42, actively roleplaying or not, can come for their need to stay in touch with W42 with one simple click.

I know Mike and I have personal bias towards others. I know
the 3 other admins we hope to recruit through the coming days
will have some too. We've been around for a while so it's going to be impossible to not have that influence how we go about things. Sorry in advance, but this is not going to be an 'everyone is welcome server', some people are just too much of a hastle for the admins and we cba with that.

The main goal of this all will be to just have that social hangout for the W42 people that want to stay connected outside of the game in just a bigass server filled with (ex)W42 people. Yes there will be rules, yes we will have a warning system and all the other shit that's caused friction between people, but really,
all we both want is just to be able to stay connected with W42 as broadly as we can.
The serious shit we all dislike to a degree is just there to make sure we have something to fall back on if shit gets messy. We're not turning it in a safe-space, we just want everyone to feel chill.

Think you can handle the heat of this all and help Lozz and Mike admin this thing? Post on this thread and we will reach out to you!

Sharing this thread in other Discords will be highly appreciated! All attention is welcome.
Quickly learn how to Roleplay on RuneScape!

I am bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me.

06-Dec-2017 10:53:19

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Let people vote for admins and/or select ones from different sides of the community.
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

06-Dec-2017 18:22:44

Torwulf
Nov Member 2023

Torwulf

Posts: 1,205 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The not everyone is welcome to is questionable. Does that mean some people you, Mike or others without question dislike, so they do not get in? Or not everyone is welcome in the sense that you will not be afraid to discipline and remove people that misbehave.

The latter would have allowed for that server to stay up. I saw plenty of admins and GM's but nobody used the warning system or punished anyone then? Nobody made it a privilege to be in?

Will the server be open to people like myself who are not a part of these "core" groups of W42 roleplaying or will I feel excluded due to dedicated channels and roles being present? Will other forms of roleplay be represented, all sides of the community granted a chance to showcase themselves or just the portion you all want?

If this comes to pass, I would like to admin. I lack bias and keep an open mind towards the whole community. I seek to close the gap I've had for years.

06-Dec-2017 18:39:26 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2017 18:47:44 by Torwulf

CrocoNuts
Jul Member 2010

CrocoNuts

Posts: 2,824 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vekon said :
Let people vote for admins and/or select ones from different sides of the community.

I really disliked how the voting system worked in Asgarnia. I intend to gather my admins from a team of outsiders that don't have a clear stance on the whole sides thing going on at times. Happy to say Jim (Rivendel) is already willing to fill in a slot for me and Mike and we are currently reviewing some of the people who we think fit the job to see if I can fill 2 more admin slots. I intend to keep the admins as neutral as possible, but the two sides thing sounds appealing to me too and with 2 slots still open I am not going to write that idea off just yet.

Torwulf said :
Snip-

If this comes to pass, I would like to admin. I lack bias and keep an open mind towards the whole community. I seek to close the gap I've had for years.

I really like what you have to say and the questions you ask me. I would love to have a chat with you regarding everything said here. Hit me up on Discord as Lozz#8392.

RiDaku said :
Oh boy, season 3 is coming so early! I expected at least a layover, but we're getting right back in to the action!

#MeToo.
Quickly learn how to Roleplay on RuneScape!

I am bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me.

06-Dec-2017 21:42:53 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2017 21:44:17 by CrocoNuts

X2 Order

X2 Order

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was a large roleplayer for around 3 years back in the day (2012-2015). I, unfortunately, was muted on my main and took a break. I'm going to begin again and plan on really joining the community. So I would love an invite so I can get a chance to meet some members of the community.

06-Dec-2017 23:11:18

Quick find code: 237-238-570-65971103 Back to Top