Sonicteej

Posts: 2,114 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hey daku, hey everyone

interesting to see worshippers again. I just got nostalgia whiplash lol

i'll be posting an app soon

EDIT:

RSN: Sonicteej
Character Name: Ganglari
Age: Physically, 30 (He was 18 during the Misthalani War, which in my timeline puts him at over a century old)
Caste: Ak'Dionyte

Appearance:
The first word that comes to mind when looking at Ganglari would be tired. His olive skin is mottled with dirt and ash, his prominent forehead creased like worn leather and framed on both sides by shaggy curtains of charcoal hair, dirty and greasy and clumped together like ropes.

His eyes are dark wells, with a gray iris gleaming like a silver coin at the bottom of each. His chin is bald, clearly as barren as the basalt slopes on which he was raised, with a powerful cleft, and he has a thin, downturned nose.

Equipment:
Ganglari currently wears a suit of black dragonhide armor he crafted from the remains of a black dragon he killed during a ritualistic hunt. He also wields a bow fashioned from the emaciated limbs of a dark beast.

Biography:
Ganglari was born as Draco, the son of Demetrean parents who had the brutal work of growing crops and tending to livestock in the cold, barren outskirts of Daemonheim.

He was small compared to the other children, and was regularly outshone in combat training. His parents attempted to pass their knowledge of animal handling to Draco to help
him be considered for training as a Cerberite or possibly Dionyte, but he had no talent for it. He was average with a bow, but it was looking unlikely he would ascend to the warrior rates.
What Draco and his family did not realize, however, was that Draco's teachers had taken note of his above-average intelligence. He was a faster learner than his more able-bodied peers, and better at problem-solving too.
41 squad

10-Nov-2020 03:35:24 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2020 05:03:26 by Sonicteej

Sonicteej
Nov Member 2023

Sonicteej

At ten years old Draco began his training as an Artemisian, where his education continued. He learned how to speak common, how to create poisons and more. He completed his
training eight years later, and his first mission was an infiltration of Varrock ahead of the Misthalani War.

While Draco's superiors saw his intelligence as his most valuable asset, Draco saw himself as a cold-blooded killing machine. During the battle of Varrock he opted to infiltrate behind enemy lines by himself and strike at the defenders from concealed positions. Eventually he was caught and badly wounded, and would have been killed if a sudden push from his Worshipper allies hadn't distracted the defenders long enough for him to escape. Draco stumbled into a Varrockian hospital and feigned as an adventurer who had been wounded fighting against the Worshippers, managing to get the enemy to save his life.

Draco ended up spending the rest of the war recovering from his injury in occupied Varrock. In the following years he was transferred to the rate of Dionyte and dedicated his life towards finding dragonkin artifacts. He spent time among various Wilderness tribes, and scoured the continent following any lead he could get on the relics of his gods.

At one point, Draco worked in the service of a coven of humans in the Mort Myre Swamp who revered the ghosts in the nearby burial mounds as gods. In return for his help, the local shaman shared his knowledge of herblore with Draco, and brewed several potions for him.
41 squad

10-Nov-2020 05:02:38 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2020 05:03:48 by Sonicteej

Sonicteej
Nov Member 2023

Sonicteej

These potions sometimes had undesirable side-effects, but in return they boosted Draco's strength and agility, along with a whole host of other benefits. Draco took to brewing his own, more potent, concoctions.

Finally he imbibed an overload potion while performing a ritual that subjected him to dragonfire, resulting in a physical and metaphysical searing of his insides. He lost most of his memory, and retained only a vague idea of what the Worshippers were and the fact that he had a strong desire to recover artifacts related to his religion. The damage was so extensive that he no longer even remembered his own name. At one point in his subsequent travels he was given the nickname 'Ganglari' by a group of Fremennik.

He was in the Wilderness when the Kronesian delivered his message, and has a strong desire to find the source of the voice and reunite with his kind.
41 squad

10-Nov-2020 05:03:12 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2020 05:14:00 by Sonicteej

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 6,003 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I appreciate the invitation and really wish you luck with stirring up activity there, but unfortunately the nature of this RP isn't really compatible with free-to-play restrictions. The Sicarius |
They think they are "the many", and I "the few". They think this gives them the right to walk over me.

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

09-Dec-2020 11:00:30

DiabloFuerte

DiabloFuerte

Posts: 364 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you for your kind wishes of luck
But we aren't trying to integrate your storyline so much as a char
You might enjoy to play should you visit us on f2p the invite is a open
Invitation you might even find more people to take back to w42.

We are treating w41 as a parallel world to w42 so anything you might do
Here is a separate matter entirely good luck with your storyline daku
And sorry for the distribution
What can I say scorpions sting why would you pick me up then if not too get stung

09-Dec-2020 13:31:23

Spartae

Spartae

Posts: 5,624 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stares in intellectual propert- wahhhhh?

Just kidding. My ideas that WOTD seeded for literature have vastly evolved and changed into a barely recognizable state since the good ol' days. Consider this a bump from an old ghost, and may W42's health only grow.

Cheers!

24-Mar-2021 15:50:05

Quick find code: 237-238-568-66185020 Back to Top