Forums

One Last Thing

Quick find code: 237-238-533-66219770

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With the latest quest drop and the Elder threat growing it has prompted me to open up a new line of discussion.

If this was the final chapter and nothing could be done to stop it what is the one thing your character would still want to do before the end?

Please post your answers below. The most interesting one may get a prize.
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

21-Jun-2021 21:14:39 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2021 21:15:52 by Lord Pyro I

Vee V
Dec Member 2018

Vee V

Posts: 1,484 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My character would likely die trying to find a way to safety. If she could reasonably escape, and leave this realm behind she would.
Comp'ed 10/6/2021
|
discord.gg/vee - Growing Rs3 Community Server with Weekly Events, Roles for PVM, Merchants, Giveaways, and more

21-Jun-2021 23:58:45

jagkilledme

jagkilledme

Posts: 534 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Lorelei would probably go on a rampage during the final days. Her greatest motivator has always been trying to avoid death and doing whatever it took to do just that. For decades, she rationalized away all the horrible things she's done as being necessary for survival. The notion that it meant nothing, nothing at all, and that in the end she's just as powerless in the face of death as everyone else would drive her insane. I imagine that she would need to be put down.

If by some miracle, Gielinor was destroyed but the gods rallied together to transport everyone to another plane beforehand and she was among those rescued, she'd still never recover from that brush with death. It's not the sort of thing that she's equipped to handle: Lorelei really does consider herself utterly invincible not out of arrogance but out of fear of the alternative.

Abraxas doesn't have anything he'd really do. As a Wight, he'd initially be in disbelief in the face of his own sudden mortality, but he's actually the most mentally stable of all my characters. He has nothing in particular that he'd do, as his homeland was destroyed ages ago. He has nobody to say goodbye to, no one to thank and nowhere in particular to go. He'd probably roam around, offering the people he meets some small measure of comfort wherever he goes.

My Slayer Yelena however would just get absolutely loaded on overloads with all of her Slayer homies and spend the final days totally trashed, partying while dust and ash fill the air and the world crumbles away.

Anyanka would stare off into the horizon, annoyed as hell like "Sliske, you dumbshit, you were supposed to figure this out" and try to track him down in order to beat his ass.

And that's about it for my current cast of characters.
I am going to break your arm so that the bone juts out and then I will stab you to death with your own insides. I will win this chess game, is what I am saying.

22-Jun-2021 04:30:53 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2021 04:36:53 by jagkilledme

Wizard Ovi
Jan Member 2016

Wizard Ovi

Posts: 672 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vynriette would dig up her husband and then proceed to animate his dead body. She would then dress him in a red zamorakian tailcoat and pointed slippers before commanding the undead man to dance with her as she waltzes into erasure with her lover.
"You never know what kind of man you'll be until the end."

-Howl Aren

22-Jun-2021 08:50:54

DMMetalaane

DMMetalaane

Posts: 2,905 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My original universe was highkey born out of my custom lores becoming too large and obtuse to be any manner of fanfiction within a roleplay setting. Lowkey, its protagonist meddled their way into escaping the looming threat of, shall we say, particular deities in a particular adjacent realm. Lowerkey, some cosmological mechanics of my original universe are parallel to those of RuneScape and is a driving reason why said protagonist does what they do.

So -- you could say that Maedalaane foresaw a "final chapter" years ago and got out while the gettin' was best.
Save yourself.
Savior self.

23-Jun-2021 15:33:59

The contents of this message have been hidden.

29-Jun-2021 04:57:51

DiabloFuerte

DiabloFuerte

Posts: 364 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
my char would be happy to sit with his party as a whole and talk of past adventures
One last time as they watch the end of gielinor together
What can I say scorpions sting why would you pick me up then if not too get stung

29-Jun-2021 05:00:17 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2021 05:01:07 by DiabloFuerte

The contents of this message have been hidden.

29-Jun-2021 05:50:31

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now that the new miniquest has dropped I thought I might revive this thread as it is more relevant than ever.

As for my own characters?

I won't reveal Pyro's plans too much as that would be spoilers for what's up ahead. Let's just say for now that he is willing to do many bad things to ensure that he and his family survive.

For Danny Steel things are more or less the same as ever. He's pretty at peace with the life he's lived and his role in the world so he'll keep serving Pyro for now but doesn't plan on joining him in survival. His only additional reaction to the situation is that he now carries a vial of salve water wherever he goes, owing to his determination to die as a human.

Perseus Renderra has literally no idea what is going on yet. If he did find out he might try to seek out any surviving members of his family to show them who he truly is but in all honesty he'd just generally be terrified.

Drone 666 may try and reach Erebus to be closer to the latest object of his worship, XT.

Don't believe I have any other characters left.
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

23-Jan-2022 10:22:42

Quick find code: 237-238-533-66219770 Back to Top