Forums

||The Kingdom of Camelot||

Quick find code: 237-238-445-65875273

BloxzorKBG

BloxzorKBG

Posts: 1,191 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Carwyn has spoken with me, and it's unlikely she'll be able to lead Camelot due to RL circumstances.

She gave me permission to give Camelot to someone else, so I've chosen.

Steve now owns Camelot on an OOC scale, and we'll be hosting an event soon to explain his IC takeover.
Kingdom of Hynafiaid
|
Bloxzor
|
"Faith without works is dead."
|
W41 Squad

11-Feb-2017 21:14:34

BloxzorKBG

BloxzorKBG

Posts: 1,191 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nearly a month into the Elf Queen's reign, a plot began to be develop. By veil and shroud of night, a gathering of elves aligned with sympathy to the humans and a large force of Calderon-Grey loyalists began to arise.

On the night of the birthday of the Queen, on the night that the moon did not shine, the portcullis was silently raised, and the gates opened by plotting elves. Emerging from the haze of the night was a vast host of the House Guard and local levies aiding the group. Moving through the castle, they took on as many of the Elf-Supremacist loyalists as possible before the alarm was raised. The Queen was evacuated, and the battle began.

The Amddiffynnwr Uchel was heavily outnumbered to start with, and many of the servants of the castle chose not to fight- some even choosing to side with the human forces instead of their former masters.

One of the Dawnus noted his men faltering down a hallway under crossbow fire after having inflicted as much damage as they could on the humans. Near fifty remained that had not teleported away from the castle. The Dawnus instructed his mages, pointing to nearby pillars, and soon, the roof fell.

With the relief of the morning, it was over. Vast segments of the walls of the castle had been blown out or crumbled on lower levels, and one of the towers on the castle's roof had been taken out completely. The humans had taken heavy losses. Many of the elven supporters had fled or died bringing down stone on their enemies.

A flag was raised, and Tommen would arrive on scene. Before noon, a new King was on the throne.
Kingdom of Hynafiaid
|
Bloxzor
|
"Faith without works is dead."
|
W41 Squad

11-Feb-2017 23:54:45

Magnickicent
Jul Member 2023

Magnickicent

Posts: 559 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chaos in the capital. As the Amddiffynnwr Uchel fought and died to defend the castle, the Heddwch Tawel, Daenin, gathered some of its members. The castle was lost, Daenin had seen enough carnage in his time to know that. This wasn't even a battle anymore, it was a slaughter. After gathering those that would follow him, they rallied near the stables and burst out, taking as many horses with them as they could in their hasty escape. They barreled through the unawares Calderon and Grey arms men with ease, but killing them wasn't there target, escape was. As such, not many of the Humans died in their escape attempt.

Daenin had his eyes set on the future. If they were going to go out, he would make sure they went out fighting. Fighting a REAL battle. And he knew just where he wanted to be if and when that happened.

Keep La Faye. It was recently unoccupied by any major nobles of note: just some minor noble risen to power whom Daenin could not even recall the name of. They were an easy adversary, if they could even be called that. The confusion of the Calderon rise to power made it all too easy. Any humans that entered the La Faye lands were given free passage, Daenin did not wish them ill, and he wasn't looking for a fight with them unless they wanted to pick one with him. However, one thing was clear: the La Faye Lands now have a new master, and his name is Lord Ravalar.
|
Nick
|
"Freedom is the opportunity to do what is right."
|
W41 Squad
| The Grand City

12-Feb-2017 02:48:12 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2017 02:55:10 by Magnickicent

Am RolePlay

Am RolePlay

Posts: 1,306 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As the dust settled and the sun rose higher, the fighting was over and the capital, Baxtorian, Calley, Sinclair and Seershaven were secured under the Calderon banner.

Oddly enough, the Calderon Home-Guard would not have interfered in the escape of Lord Ravalar. Nor did they give pursuit other than a small observation team.

Within hours of the son having risen, the new King had already gathered an impressive force of Elves and Humans into a rough-unit of armsmen, several thousand strong, those numbers bolstered by the Calderon forces, which were armed and equipped by the Vekonic Forces of the South.

That army was not headed toward La Faye or even the Southlands. They marched towards the coast, towards Catherby. Shortly after all of this, squires were dispatched from the castle with a simple message:

"My friends, my countrymen, regardless of race: human or elf, we are men and women of Camelot. I invite everyone to stand with me and the rest of our countrymen in retaking our Kingdom."

"The green-men in Catherby will be the first and then we will reclaim all of Sinclair. If you stand with me, I will welcome you as a brother, if you stand against me - I will see to it that you fall."

"Long live Camelot - may your Gods bless you."

Tommen's short message was clear and to the point and would quickly spread throughout all of Camelot.

With the help of the Aren and other Calderon mages, much of the damage to the castle was temporarily repaired and the position reinforced.

12-Feb-2017 04:53:39 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2017 04:54:46 by Am RolePlay

Quick find code: 237-238-445-65875273 Back to Top