Forums

W41 Roleplay Server Revival

Quick find code: 237-238-236-65880912

Kraden Arrav

Kraden Arrav

Posts: 49 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It has come to my attention that w41 is severely lacking in roleplay. Roleplayers on 41 are there for many different reasons, however the biggest one of them all is to roleplay. Due to a a lack of community, I have decided the current course of action is to revive the server.

In order to do such a thing I have gathered the small community that roleplays on 41, and we have come to an agreement to create a sort of "reset" to 41's roleplay. This server reset is designed to make a safe place for all roleplayers to be able to have fun on a free 2 play world. How the server reset is going to work, is all previous P.O.C. (Player owned Cities) will be non canon and put to the side for the time being (This is to get rid of anyone who has issues metagaming and godmodding to stay in power of zones). Also, all private roleplay will become publicly cannon in order to get rid of the "exclusive" feel that 41 has. This will allow anyone to freely opt in and enjoy a session of roleplaying, whether they are freelance or not. A public "hub" or hangout will be encouraged to be set in Falador for the time being as a spot where anybody who wants to roleplay can find other roleplayers. From there, players can freely take the roleplay where they please.

There is a small group within the community that has volunteered to act as "moderators" for the rest of the community, so if there are any disputes they can be settled by contacting one of the members to help settle issues. This is more P.O.C. related when we decide to bring that back, regardless we are here to help roleplayers solve out of character matters.

I want to stress that 41 is a much more relaxed and easy going server to roleplay on. Rules will be set where they are needed to ensure a balance among all the roleplayers, however everyone is here to enjoy themselves through player made stories. Rules will be listed below on another post. Please remember to always follow the rules, but most importantly, have fun while roleplaying!

15-Feb-2017 08:25:09

DMMetalaane

DMMetalaane

Posts: 2,905 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please just do an odd job or two for someone so you can buy membership. Not that I'm saying you should just convert to what we do, but so that we might actually play with you. Most people here aren't going to be interested in how limited F2P is. You can still make your own continuity and whatever you want. And more, because F2P is a just a lame demo nowadays. Save yourself.
Savior self.

15-Feb-2017 08:49:25 - Last edited on 15-Feb-2017 08:58:08 by DMMetalaane

Kraden Arrav

Kraden Arrav

Posts: 49 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
W41 is a more relaxed server, where players can have fun and will not be judged upon simple things such as not wishing to engage in combat, or character species. However rules ARE important and are set to make the server a safe and fun environment to roleplay.

Non lore-friendly characters are allowed, however they cannot be game breaking, or over rediculous. All non lore-friendly characters will be evaluated throughout their roleplay to make sure they are safe to play among everyone else. Characters who exibit excessive amounts of abnormalities may be shy'd away from, or asked to leave.

The (precious metals) armor rating system will be removed, as it is too excessively strict and unfriendly to new players, as well as players who wish to have somewhat unique armors. This allows all players to be unique in their own way, and allows Adamant and Runite to be more commonly seen. As for the actual armor strength, in character this will not matter as much, as the armor strength will be based on simply the type of appearance it has. As far as wielding weapons goes, its based on the character. Strength will not solely be determined by the realism that everybody will be fully human. This also plays a role in the ability to cast magic.

METAGAMING, GODMODDING, AUTOHITTING/ FORCED INTERACTIONS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY PLAYERS!!!!

Please encourage new roleplayers to learn to roleplay properly. If they don't know, teach them. Roleplaying is dying because players leave, and the next generation is not taught the correct way to roleplay. Everyone is highly encouraged to roleplay and interract with one another in character.

Also, a solution to accidental metagaming, so everyobody knows who is in character, when entering a roleplay, please have a brief introduction (Keep it 1-3 lines please!) to allow other roleplayers to know you are in character. Simply approaching a group and going: -ic-, will also solve this issue.

All roleplayers are encouraged to join my friends chat!

15-Feb-2017 09:00:33

Vlod VonVern
Jul Member 2020

Vlod VonVern

Posts: 1,049 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As someone who implemented a very similar, although much more detailed, idea for W41 about a year ago and had a varying degree of success, I bid you good luck.

My advice would be not to try too hard. When I did W41's initial 'reset', I poured myself into making it work and, while I did this, there was a great increase in roleplay on the server. Once I stepped away and loosened my grip on the reins, the whole thing began to fall apart and eventually fell into inactivity again. This is what made me finally walk away from W41; I no longer wanted to be the glue that held everything together.

There has been displays of interest from former members of W41 to return to roleplaying there, albeit if only for a re-union RP. I hope these people, who may or may not still be around, see this thread and show their interest again.

Remember, above all, to have fun and not push your own designs upon others as I did. A nudge in the right direction for you may not serve well for others. That said, don't allow anything to pass; keep a strong sense of purpose with all things and help others to develop strong characters and stories while knowing when to step away and allow others to run. Once others begin to run, don't put yourself in the center of all things; allow them to build on what you began and create a legacy that they, and others, will enjoy.

Remember the mistakes of your predeccessors and do not repeat them. I wish you all the luck in your endeavour to restore activity to W41.
Roll a D20 to pay respects.

15-Feb-2017 09:43:23

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kraden Arrav said :
W41 is a more relaxed server, where players can have fun and will not be judged upon simple things such as not wishing to engage in combat, or character species.

Mate. Have you seen or even heard of the things that go on in 42, regarding character race?

We have humans that look like demons, demons that look perfectly human, lizardmen, valkyries, Gods , liches, aliens in granite in runite, people with anime powers and purple eyes, mahjarrat, halfjarrat, quarterjarrat, half-demons, demigods, shapeshifters, power rangers, elfjarratwolfcyenes, humans with cat ears and tails, people make out of 100% pure (dark, light, elemental, blood, smoke, shadow) energy, a number of Rex, butterflies, and an assortment of edgy subspecies. People (usually) don't complain to much; and I doubt you'd get harassed for playing something out-of-the-box on 42.
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

15-Feb-2017 23:54:59 - Last edited on 16-Feb-2017 04:14:26 by Vekon

Rexost

Rexost

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vekon said :
number of Rex,

Ahhahahahahaha god I wish I'd never made more than one.

On the new thread you asked that W42 rps refrain from banter, so I might as well say this here:

42 has long been the sibling of 41, the two sharing a few things but the desire to create immersive stories and amazing characters at the top of that list. I, as someone who started role playing on world 1 in Gertrude's House, realize that a free to play setting to exchange ideas and co-write a fantastic story is important. Creativity should not be gated by price. I wish you and all the rest of 41 luck in keeping the dream alive.
Edgar
=/=
Rex
=/=
Rend

#PraiseTuffty

16-Feb-2017 04:03:06 - Last edited on 16-Feb-2017 04:03:40 by Rexost

Quick find code: 237-238-236-65880912 Back to Top