Forums

Is Roleplaying Active still?

Quick find code: 237-238-122-66028624

Glaiceon

Glaiceon

Posts: 61 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all,

I'm interested in finding out if RP is still active? I'm interested in joining and establishing a Kingdom etc, but seems difficult to find people who are around and playing!

Hope you can help. Feel free to send me a message in game :)

22-Jul-2018 03:50:31

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 6,003 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey there!

Things seem to be going through a major lull, at least on the surface. Wandering around, you're unlikely to find many roleplayers, and the ones you do find may just be taking time to play the game or socialize OOC. Don't let that fool you, though, there's a lot going on in the background, all you need to do is hit up the individual group's threads and you shouldn't have a problem figuring out where the people in that group are, or where they're roleplaying (when they are. As said, breaks are common.)

Edit: Nevermind! I was going to fetch a bunch of links to the thread, but fortunately they're mostly all up on the first page, with a couple juuust hidden over on the second page.
The Sicarius |
They think they are "the many", and I "the few". They think this gives them the right to walk over me.

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

22-Jul-2018 04:22:05 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2018 04:24:21 by RiDaku

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Posts: 796 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This may help you find people leading rp groups in different regions, also a full catalogue of significant events to have recently occurred.

However, I've always personally noticed a lack of serious rp this time of year but, if the trend holds, it should rise again soon in the fall
"The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

22-Jul-2018 05:56:31

Drakhegao
Dec Member 2023

Drakhegao

Posts: 408 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Glaiceon! Like RiDaku said before me, roleplay, at least on the surface, seems to be a bit lulled. There is however, a lot of stuff going on in the background. The best way to find it is by inquiring on individual threads, or through PM. While freelance isn't as strong as it used to be, and you can't much hop into barpee, I think you'll always find roleplayers eager to enjoy your company if you only ask! Speaking of, if you're ever looking for roleplay, feel free to shoot me a message! I'd be glad to have ye! The King of Egypt herself.
Looking for fun and interactive kingdom roleplay? Look no farther than Misthalin !

23-Jul-2018 06:24:45

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,498 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roleplay is NOT active, despite what people will try and tell you. Yes, there is roleplay going on "behind the scenes" but in truth this new way is antisocial and prevents new roleplayers from entering the community, much as compared to the rate of newcoming players during the 2010-2013 era.

This is because of the way the community has conducted itself in the past, and now there is arguably no way to fix it. Roleplay used to be walking into Falador bar and ordering a drink. This used to be a way to introduce newer or shy roleplayers so they could branch out and meet other characters on a common playing field. This no longer exists however, and therefore roleplay is NOT active.

And before someone tries to come on and correct me on the little issues I am aware people still go afk and idle around in Falador square, but everyone is so antisocial nothing ever gets done.

Over and out.

16-Aug-2018 22:19:13

Quael
Jan Member 2018

Quael

Posts: 3,628 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teridax said :
snip

He's pretty much accurate. Rp is not as active as it once was, but there are people who only rp within their circle, that no one would know this. YES there are groups that have their circle open for new rpers and try to help them, but in the end the majority of these groups only focus on their inner circle and no one elses. I am not saying all Rp group do this, just a good handful of it.

So yes, rp is actie, no it isn't so active. To a returning rp, or a new rp eye's, This community would look dead to them.
Duke of Fort Forinthry
Interested in role-play? check out: The Quest Collective

17-Aug-2018 16:19:51

Quick find code: 237-238-122-66028624 Back to Top