Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

The contents of this message have been hidden.

25-May-2017 10:12:31

The contents of this message have been hidden.

25-May-2017 10:18:56

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
I locked this up while tidying up some people's mess.

Please remember that the code of conduct requires you to be respectful of other forum posters - that means you may not launch personal attacks, or be vulgar of offensive on these forums.

We will not be taking action against the accounts involved in the incident on this thread but would remind all those involved to reread the new forum code of conduct. Continuing to post in the manner that occurred may result in you losing your forum posting privileges.
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

25-May-2017 10:38:57 - Last edited on 25-May-2017 10:48:07 by Mod Matthe

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,018 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd happily lose forum privileges along with the people that really need to be gone.

No names but i'm sure you know who i mean, forums are not a nice place to be at the moment.

Plus, one day until you know what and idk how i will take it, maybe i'll take it well if you're lucky =)

But if i don't, goodbye friends <3
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

25-May-2017 10:52:18

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
I'd happily lose forum privileges along with the people that really need to be gone.

No names but i'm sure you know who i mean, forums are not a nice place to be at the moment.

Plus, one day until you know what and idk how i will take it, maybe i'll take it well if you're lucky =)

and what people might that be (Figure of speech) <- edit

What about all the people who have trolled, belittled, hated on, implicated, lied, cheated, abused - there is a lot of not perfect in here, there always has been - a lot is tolerated ... I would love to go on a bit more, but I won't.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

25-May-2017 11:12:31 - Last edited on 25-May-2017 11:58:14 by Dong U Dead

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Dong U Dead said :
Scouse said :

and what people might that be?

What about all the people who have trolled, belittled, hated on, implicated, lied, cheated, abused - there is a lot of not perfect in here, there always has been - a lot is tolerated ... I would love to go on a bit more, but I won't.

Let's not encourage more personal attacks please - if people believe they are being attacked on the forums then they should report it to forum help and if they are not happy with the moderation they can raise it on Forum Moderation Review.

However it is also worth remembering disagreeing with someone is not an attack, and the assumption that because someone regularly disagrees with you they are trolling is patently false.

25-May-2017 11:43:51

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Scouse said :

We have issued some bans this week. We are also aware that some people are pushing at the rules to see if they can break them as they find them unacceptable, hoping to restore the rules set that previously existed, which in turn many people found wholly unacceptable. As with so many things there are some fine lines to walk and some give and take required by all parties.

If you do believe that a forum user is abusing the system in a way that is not being caught by the usual moderation please feel free to report it to Forum Moderation Review for consideration.

25-May-2017 11:46:51

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Matthe said :
Scouse said :

We have issued some bans this week. We are also aware that some people are pushing at the rules to see if they can break them as they find them unacceptable, hoping to restore the rules set that previously existed, which in turn many people found wholly unacceptable. As with so many things there are some fine lines to walk and some give and take required by all parties.

If you do believe that a forum user is abusing the system in a way that is not being caught by the usual moderation please feel free to report it to Forum Moderation Review for consideration.
Or just ignore them and starve the trolls? The worst thing people can do is reply; I guess I learned that the hard way.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

25-May-2017 11:48:50

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top