Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiwi Magic said :
Well lets face it, if its made in America then its a good product. You can't put "Made In America" on a product that is shit.

You can have a good American brand made somewhere else, like Mexico for example and its still a good product.

DeWalt for example.

Yep will say something like built in the USA rather than made in.

To be honest if you buy a high end item so long as it is made to high standards it doesn't matter where it is made.

I try to buy quality and if possible British made (cost taken into account as well), but German, Japanese and USA are good too. I was looking at buying another set of metric spanners a couple of weeks ago and I could only find one manufacturer but even they imported their steel from Germany, the quality will be good no doubt as we've got lots of their older imperial spanners from back in the day. They're mostly obsolete now as apart from the USA and a few (2or3?) other countries the rest of the world uses metric.

Our plant is mostly pre metric so they do come in handy for working on them though.

18-Feb-2017 21:56:31 - Last edited on 18-Feb-2017 22:01:50 by Wilf

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
>Inappropriate references to bodily functions
>Farting
P R U D E S
R
U
D
E
S

I just remembered I would get in trouble back in elementary school because my farts operated like clockwork and my juvenile sphincter couldn't contain them

19-Feb-2017 02:18:32 - Last edited on 19-Feb-2017 02:26:17 by Icy Spring

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top