Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nosword said :
ill trade our riots for your sadness

Ewww, no. You can keep the riots, thanks.

And anyway, we're not sad. We have the weather to complain to each other about and that keeps us immensely occupied and happy.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

03-Feb-2017 07:08:03

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We are actually sad. Everyone walks around with long faces and keep their heads down, Brexit caused tons of uncertainty, unemployment is still sky high, everything goes up in price and have you ever been to a Sports Direct shop before? If you go in one, take a look at the faces of the staff and you will know what I'm talking about. And I happen to come from Sussex. Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

03-Feb-2017 07:26:21

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You're only sad if you allow yourself to be.

There was life before Brexit (funny enough, I lived in those 'Dark Ages' and it was fine) - there'll be life after Brexit.

The only long term unemployed people I know are physically/mentally disabled (not their fault) or professional Gravy Train riders. And I worked in the JobCentre industry, so I've got a pretty good handle on the unemployeds.

No one forces people to work in Sports Direct. If a job is rubbish, get a different one. No one in the UK is obliged to be the 'victim' of a crap employer. This is not the Third World. No work in your town? Then move to where there is work. It's not rocket science.

People should quit whining, stop wanting to be nanny'ed, stop finding excuses for not doing something to improve their lot in life and take control of their own destiny instead of bleating on about how hard and unfair it all is.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

03-Feb-2017 08:15:24

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shiavui said :
Bernadette said :
Shiavui said :
It could be worse. You could be living in Scotland.
There are plenty of worse places to be living .....

In the first world? Probably, but not many.
I'm not saying England is a bad place to live. It's the people in it, who are unbelievably sad. They haven't even got the energy to conjure up an expression, they're that sad. At least the face I posted in the last page was an expression. But the people here are literally incapable of cheering up.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

03-Feb-2017 12:19:37

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not all are like that - some still have the energy to go on protests to help others, to march to make their views known, to try to raise awareness of what is happening at fracking sites in the UK.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

03-Feb-2017 14:16:03

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top