Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fariha said :
Who else likes a show called X Company?

it'samazingomgsogoodactorsareamazingomgomgomgfangirls

Not seen it.

I've just been watching the BBC sitcom Uncle. For some reason I never watched it on release, but I've found it to be quite funny, and the musical interludes only add to it.

I do enjoy spending time with my nephews and nieces although I'm not that much older than the eldest but the ones who are 16-18 make me laugh as I don't think I was as clueless when I was that age which wasn't that long ago.

Looking forward to series 3.

21-Mar-2016 20:12:41

Igerna
Jan Member 2023

Igerna

Posts: 7,885 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just realized I haven't seen TV in ages... five, six years maybe? O_o

Here in Spain, it's awful: few channels broadcasting silly game shows, movies that last three hours due to annoying commercials every ten minutes, horrible morning or late shows with no value whatsoever, and interviews with shallow people that I can't stand for more than two minutes. Y'know... the "famous people" that serve as "an example" for regular citizens.

Makes me wonder what kind of world we're living in. For real.

Sad part is I've heard public/free broadcast service is THE FREAKING SAME worldwide. Same format, different country. The buy shows rights and adapt to the local taste.

... Ok, now I remember why I stopped watching regular TV :| L0LZ
Leveling +110 all skills and completing stuff here and there

24-Mar-2016 04:41:40

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't watch a great deal of TV, certainly not every day, but I have to say that in the UK there are some wonderful pieces produced such as historical dramas, mini-series which are adaptations of famous books, rather engaging crime series (how I enjoyed Silent Witness), interesting factual or dramatised documentaries and a variety of comedy and light entertainment shows which do, actually, entertain.

Needless to say there's the usual plethora of imported trash and mind-numbingly boring daytime game shows and utterly trivial garbage.

But on the whole I'd say our TV offerings here allow enough variety to be able to glean at least a few hours of content per day which is worth putting your feet up with a cup of tea for.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

24-Mar-2016 11:30:27

Jafnhaur
Dec Member 2020

Jafnhaur

Posts: 1,866 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So this company that wants to buy RuneScape... Are they from the People's Republic of China or the Republic of China (Taiwan)? “Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127

24-Mar-2016 16:27:47

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top