Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Igerna
Jan Member 2023

Igerna

Posts: 7,885 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jour vert said :
I wonder if henna is common in other cultures.

Henna, as an ancestral cultural aspect and a very ancient form of spiritual expression through skin/hair temporal modification, is shared by many cultures around the globe (adding its variants and/or different materials), practically the whole planet:

- African cultures (Tutsi, Mandinga, Zulu, Yombe, Bakongo, Yoruba, etc.)
- Middle east (Kurds, Bahrani, Turkmens, Zangana, Persian -huge diverse group-, etc.)
- European (Celts/Vikings - both huge groups-, Slavics -idem-, etc.)
- Asian (Hmong, Telugu, Ainu, Yakuts, Dravidian, Tai, Rajasthani, Maori, Uzbek, Wa, etc.)
- North american (Hopi, Cheyenne, Pawnee, Creek, Kiowa, Sioux, Blackfoot, etc.)
- Mesoamerican / Andinian (Aztec, Olmec, Toltec, Mayan, Nazca, Moche, Tiauanaco, etc.)

Just to name a few... and I mean A FEW! :P

We could say (safely) there are actually two universal things:
body modification
and
music
. All cultures (to date) share these two at any degree or form.

An interesting fact is that some ethnic groups doesn't have (or didn't need, better said) a form of writting, yet they developed diverse forms of musical language and plastic art endeavours, including henna.

Sorry for long post... I'm an Art Educator (history/sociology) and I kinda love this subject and could write endlessly about this: I'm all hyped and hyperactive right now. I could say I'm in
flames
... literally L0L.

There's a character limit per post, thanks to Zamorak :P
Leveling +110 all skills and completing stuff here and there

04-Feb-2016 16:11:17 - Last edited on 04-Feb-2016 16:16:38 by Igerna

Igerna
Jan Member 2023

Igerna

Posts: 7,885 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nosword said :
they used to be good :s

Ditto :@ I'm not sure what happened after some fine albums they made so far. Same happened with At The Gates and Soilwork, in my opinion. Guess those three swedish Melodeath giants went into "experimentation" :P
Leveling +110 all skills and completing stuff here and there

04-Feb-2016 17:28:06

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Igerna said :
Nosword said :
they used to be good :s

Ditto :@ I'm not sure what happened after some fine albums they made so far. Same happened with At The Gates and Soilwork, in my opinion. Guess those three swedish Melodeath giants went into "experimentation" :P
tbh the only at the gates album ive even listened to was slaughter of the soul, which i liked. and ive tried soilwork a few times but never got into them. ive probably not heard their older stuff then. with in flames i could at least sit throught their second newest album if i had to. but the newest one is absolutely terrible. its funny because before it was released some guy got a neck/face tattoo of the album artwork. such a terrible mistake lol
Old School

04-Feb-2016 17:38:26

Lady Deluxe

Lady Deluxe

Posts: 44,440 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hirere said :
Just saying hi, I don't know where else to put this. More or less brand new to the forums so hi, and I'll just be in the corner lurkin.
Hi and welcome - please don't lurk in the corner - to dusty and boring - read some posts, comment if you feel like and enjoy - there is also a awesome games room you can have some fun in :)

05-Feb-2016 10:56:17 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2016 10:56:41 by Lady Deluxe

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top