Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BBC been doing a tv version of the radio show it is a great show four contestants one is given a random topic and then has to talk for a minute without hesitation, repetition or deviation.
I quite like it and if you have a few friends who are willing it's a good game to play although the more eloquent of your acquaintances will have little trouble in rambling along and managing to keep to the subject and withhold from speaking the words which incur a penalty meaning of course you will find that they are more inclined to win compared with those who lack the sharp mind that can continue to spill forth sentences that make sense and are devoid of repeating or wandering of the path and fail to stumble over themselves thus the main points of the game have been sufficiently explained I failed to explain that it is bad manners to pick up on people who occasionally repeat words such as it is or i and the and more often than not the challenge is rejected and the challenge gains a point for an incorrect ( I would fail here as I can't think of another word bar challenge). I hesitated a couple of times as well but I much prefer typing out my conversations rather than speaking them as I find that I talk rather too fast making a large paragraph come out fairly short of a full minute but computerising them like this enables me to speak my mind at a faster pace so that I can later dictate it back and time my attempt.
Well that was highly enjoyable somebody can go through that and highlight my mistakes if they want I'm sure there shalt be over five at least. I managed 30 seconds before I hesitated huzzah but after that i was more than capable of completing the remainder of the time.
So ye watch it and try it, if you can't watch it listen to it on the radio it has a huge following around the world as highlighted by the opening hahaha

14-Mar-2012 15:57:47 - Last edited on 31-Mar-2012 21:03:28 by Wilf

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top