Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Hymbso

Hymbso

Posts: 2,191 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EoCscape is beyond saving, they should just shut down the servers. 07scape is OK, but I fear Jagex will keep shoving new crap in it, compromising its authenticity. Like, in the 2014 dev blog they subtly mentioned they are considering adding GE back in, what a joke.

07-Jan-2014 16:43:36

Zaran

Zaran

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ Look, they aren't going to remove it, it's obvious they aren't. They've got it on locks but yeah I do agree about the fact that they keep adding new content without updating old 'preferred' content like several mini-games. They are probably going to remove F2p anyway in a few months or maybe a couple of years and again that too is obvious because of the addition of Bonds, SoF, Solomon's General store etc.

07-Jan-2014 17:51:44

Hymbso

Hymbso

Posts: 2,191 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaran said :
Why has this forum turned into an EoC debate..
If I still had some membership left, I'd go to the OSRS forums, but you can't post there if you don't have membership. I actually still have enough EoCscape gp for one bond, but I save that for later.

People are complaining that Jagex doesn't listen to the community, but in a way they are also listening to the community too much. Some people who have some learn2play-issues complain about the game being too hard and some other people complain about some other thing then Jagex listens to them and short-sightedly further dumb down the game and soon we have EoCscape 2: the 'Old School'-flavor

If anything, Jagex needs to make the game more ruthless and unforgiving. They need to stop this easymode crap and make the game more challenging. There are three groups of players who are ruining the game: 1) the ones who hate challenge, 2) the ones who actually don't want to play OSRS but just don't realize it and 3) the nolifers.

1) These are the ones who I mentioned earlier. Typical challenge hater started to play post-07 and is used to things like double xp and other things that make the game easy.

2) These are pretty similar to 1), but what separates them from normal challenge haters is the fact that they actually played pre-2008 RS back in the day. They complain about how the game should be easier because they don't have time to play anymore like they had when they were kids. I don't really like this time waste aspect of RS either, but what are you gonna do about it without dumbing the game down?

3) What separates nolifers from players who are simply enthusiastic, is that nolifers easily confuse real life and the game. They talk about how the RS economy needs to be 'balanced' and stuff. In real life, economy needs to be balanced because, if it isn't, people are gonna lose their houses, but this is just a game, it's supposed to have winners and losers. May also be 1).

07-Jan-2014 18:32:50 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2014 21:24:42 by Hymbso

Zaran

Zaran

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tbh I think some players just complain to much. Majority of us wanted no bots, so Jagex decided to do the whole bot-busting thing, now players complain that there are way less players and some have even said that bots made the game more lively and all. And this is just one example.

I think most of the 'nolife' players just overreact with what Jagex does and yeah, they just need to be reminded that it's only a game and not real life because some people take this game way to seriously. I mean I don't play hours on end just to get 99. I even out my time unlike most wannabe Zezimas or Suomis, I really don't care about my levels I just play for fun and to take my mind off the real world.

07-Jan-2014 20:09:01

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top