Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

13 Zombie666

13 Zombie666

Posts: 9,683 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I have this question.
Yesterday night some relatives of mine invited me to a spaghetti dinner at their local church and they had my 2 year old cousin with them. After the dinner, they had an auction and that's when my cousin decided to show his self by running around the place and crawling under the tables. I tired chasing him but catching him was futile as there was a lot of people and he would crawl under the tables with people at them. I ended up running in front of the auctioneer trying to catch his little ass, which was both embarrassing and rude. After a while of trying to catch him an uncle of his finally got a hold of him.
My question to you is. If you saw a toddler running around a place like that and noticed someone trying to catch them would you try and help by catching that kid if he was coming in your direction or if he went under the table you were sitting at, or would you think, well that's not my kid so it's not my responsibility and the parents should keep a better eye on their kid, or would you think something on the order of, well I'd help but then again the people he's with look like they might get mad if I touch their child.
Thoughts?
Report OSRS Skilling Bots | Report a Bug | Boost Account Security | Hijacking, Recovery & Security

23-Sep-2012 08:15:15

Marisa Tomei

Marisa Tomei

Posts: 2,709 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@13 Zombie666:
For me, it'd sort of depend on the child running and the person trying to catch him/her. If I wasn't sure the parent(s) would be okay with me interfering, I probably wouldn't. If I felt they were though, I'd try to stop the child by simply explaining to him/her how what they're doing isn't very nice.. I wouldn't touch them to avoid any issues concerning doing so with the parent(s). From my experience, simply talking like that actually works sometimes on children that respect or fear strangers more than their family or whoever's supervising them.

25-Sep-2012 16:09:17

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top