Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
On the thread that was locked for being an unnecessary duplicate thread?

Oh wait... it wasn't locked, was it? ;)

Gotta love the answer though eh?

"I don't know the answer, just follow both sets of rules, that's what's important!"

lol.

It's almost like most people haven't even bothered to read the T&C and the CoC... I would have hoped that the Community Managers would have read and understood both... I'm not sure that's true at this point....
Considering we consistently get mods saying players are free to do things that in fact break the T&C's, such as using and developing 3rd party clients, don't hold your breath that they actually know what their T&C's entail.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

12-Feb-2019 18:01:27

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jack Flac said :
Considering we consistently get mods saying players are free to do things that in fact break the T&C's, such as using and developing 3rd party clients, don't hold your breath that they actually know what their T&C's entail.
Have you read the rules that pertain to 3rd party software?

Seems like you fall into the category of "have not read or understood" too. ;)

It's not a violation to develop or use 3rd party software, so long as the software adheres to the rules posted about 3rd party software.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

12-Feb-2019 18:11:52

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Am I like, the only person who has actually read all the rules? lol

Billion dollar company, and they can't even get their rules sorted out properly.

Think about it.

The Rules of RuneScape specifically forbids the use of links in the forums.
The Code of Conduct specifically permits it.
The Terms & Conditions specifically forbids it.

Totally not confusing at all. LOL
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

12-Feb-2019 18:16:30

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Jack Flac said :
Have you read the rules that pertain to 3rd party software?

Seems like you fall into the category of "have not read or understood" too. ;)

It's not a violation to develop or use 3rd party software, so long as the software adheres to the rules posted about 3rd party software.
Actually, yes I did read it.

Heres what it states

Original message details are unavailable.
You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify any Jagex Product client software in any way (except to the extent allowed by applicable law). You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software or attempt to copy, transfer or sub-license it. You must not create or provide any other means by which any Jagex Product may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software or server emulators). Please note that any such activity may constitute civil wrongs and/or criminal offences, and we reserve the right to take such action as appropriate in the circumstances should we become aware that such offences are being committed.

This statement right here dissalows use of two things. One being custom third party clients like Runelite and OSBuddy, as they are modified versions of the client which do things that the official client is not capable of doing. Bot clients also fall under this purview. The second thing it dissalows is private servers.

And in case you didn't notice, I specifically said "clients", not software.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

12-Feb-2019 18:42:57

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Runelite and OSBuddy are simply wrappers for the client.

You don't need to reverse engineer, decompile, or modify the client in order to develop a wrapper for the client.

I do understand your confusion about it, however, you are mistaken on what constitutes the client, and what constitutes a wrapper.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_