Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stop trying to manufacture a law suit. He's penniless anyway.

His dribble is thick and sticky, a bit like semi-congealed toffee. Similar to walking on a very old Pub carpet that is home to a million ancient beer-spills.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

25-Jan-2019 10:15:13

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh ey, I've got a serious question (for a change) and you being a computer-y type person might know.

You know when signing in to RS you get to the 'Play Now' page - the one where all the game news is, you can select the world, yahdey-ya. There's the daisy wheel in the bottom right corner.

Well that daisy wheel puzzles me. Sometimes it sits there on 0%, sometimes on some random number. Then it disappears (or I continue on into the game and don't know what it's decided to do).

What is it telling me? That the game hasn't loaded properly ... should I wait for it to disappear ... or is it useless?
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

25-Jan-2019 10:28:25

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would assume that it's doing a cache pre-load.

You can play without a full cache. The game will simply load whatever parts of the cache it needs as you're playing.

If you're not logged in, or you're sitting in the lobby, it generally takes the opportunity to try and pre-load as much of the cache as possible.

EDIT: by "pre-load" I mean "download from the server"
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_