Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sal J said :
Beers in bars are expensive.

That's why you pregame with your own booze

[...]

Meanwhile in Icy world, I'm busting my balls on a severely understaffed project that will save The Man thousands and thousands of hours every year, and they acknowledge this, but are unwilling to provide sufficient funding. As in, it has to get done otherwise my team's schedule will be fucked to oblivion but the current two man show needs someone on our end to do the heavy lifting required to get it off the ground. So enter Icy with a two-week work authorization, after which I "officially" relinquish the project, but as its sole developer I'll obviously be the one who has to continue adding features. Seeing my software in action is very rewarding since my typical assignments are limited in scope and flexibility (or don't involve coding at all) but the unrealistic bureaucracy involved is frustrating. At least it'll look good on the ol' CV when it comes time to jump ship.

19-May-2018 02:46:27 - Last edited on 19-May-2018 07:31:47 by Icy Spring

Agalloch

Agalloch

Posts: 24,161 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
saw Satyricon live in LA on Sunday, and they were fucking great. It's supposedly their final US tour ever, and Frost (their original drummer) was finally able to enter the US and play live with them for the first time ever, and I was front row. It was a great night.

That place was TINY and got SO packed when Satyricon was playing, it was nuts. There was this like 5'5" black chick who was starting to get squished between my buddy and I in the front row, so I gave up my spot against the railing to give her the space she needed to survive.

It was so packed though that I had to step like a foot back, and I was pretty much right in the grill of the dude behind me, so I was like "sorry man, I literally don't have anywhere to go, I'm stuck here" and he was just like "all good bro, I'm in the same spot." So he just put his hand on my shoulder, and I felt kinda awkward doing this, but I wrapped my left arm around the chick in front of me to not only have someplace to put my hand, but also to embrace for impact and protect her and be able to not fall into her, and my right forearm on my buddy's back. She was going fucking crazy the entire set though and was pretty much grinding up against me the entire two hour set, so I won't complain, haha.

19-May-2018 06:10:11

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top