Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Lewd Scape

Lewd Scape

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Locutus said :
Let's avoid sexual innuendos

I see how it is. ;)

---

Also, probably not going to notice any replies by the end of the day, but I'm going to a hiring event today. Really nervous for a few reasons.

* First (and last) job I had was 7 months ago. I quit after 2 days b/c my anxiety made me nauseous all day & I got a bad sunburn. Feel like that's going to look bad under "previous experience."

* First job didn't really give me a "title", and the online application asks for a title name. Hoping this isn't the case when I go apply in person.

* A question on my first job's application asked if & when I've ever had surgery, but idk if an ingrown nail removal or stitches on my finger counts as surgery, and if it does, I don't remember when I had that done, so I just answered "No." Worried that this application will have the same question. Preemptively feeling like I'll be denied because I don't know.

* The online application had the question "What did you major in school?" as a required answer. I only have a GED and no intention of going to college. Also hoping this isn't the case when I apply in person.
Sachem Skinweaver is a cutie
<3

21-Feb-2018 13:58:34

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lewd Scape said :
I'm going to a hiring event today. Really nervous for a few reasons.
you dont have to include this in any applications if you dont want to.

if you are willing to talk about your anxiety to wherever you are applying most people will be very understanding and willing to work with you on it. i dont know what country youre looking for work in, but here they will not be allowed to deny you entry from working there because of it

if you didnt have a title at your previous job i would just write in the name of the company

i woulndt include the work done on your finger as a surgery, and it shouldnt be something you worry about at all

for school just write high school diploma/GED

everyone gets nervous at interviews it is totally normal. just take your time focus on the questions you are asked and sell yourself and your strengths as well as you possibly can. be patient with yourself and keep applying yourself. eventually something will work out for you

gl
Old School

21-Feb-2018 14:22:50

Lewd Scape

Lewd Scape

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Didn't get it.
Choked up during certain questions like "what have you done to go further and beyond in the classroom or workplace?" and "if you've ever noticed a hazard in the workplace, what did you do to see it fixed?"

Kind of relieved because I didn't want it.
It was just a "my parents pointed it out" kind of thing.

Big problem I'm having is that I don't know what kind of job I want.
The only things around here are either working with customers, working with food, or "get paid to get your CDL", and I don't even have a regular license.
Sachem Skinweaver is a cutie
<3

22-Feb-2018 13:53:06

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lewd Scape said :
Didn't get it.
Choked up during certain questions like "what have you done to go further and beyond in the classroom or workplace?" and "if you've ever noticed a hazard in the workplace, what did you do to see it fixed?"
it is still good you did the interview. now that you have time and no pressure it is good to come up with solid answers for those questions. most interviewers ask the same things, so you can be prepared for next time

often any job is better than no job. even if you dont enjoy it much, youre still getting paid. and youre gaining experience you can use for a better job later
Old School

22-Feb-2018 14:35:13

Cherry Waves

Cherry Waves

Posts: 6,870 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
I hereby claim this lounge in the name of me. Seeing as nobody else has any interest in it anyway.
where r u, great leader? your people need you now more than ever
Boop!
........................................................................................ Old School ...................................................................................
Bleghy

25-Feb-2018 20:13:57

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top