Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,241 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Post said :
Dong U Dead said :
What does 'do not post from a closed thread' mean?

Context? :P

I would guess that she is taking something I said out of context...as the context is in my message:

Original message details are unavailable.
...Do not bait, do not flame, and do not post from a closed thread, making comments about it, which moves this thread off topic.

Threads are locked for a reason and posting the content of an unrelated, locked thread into another is off-topic and can be baiting and flaming.

and now that we've had that interpretation of what-an-f-mod-wrote-PSA, we now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Also, I apologise if the do not post from a closed thread did not come from me, me, me. ;)
like a chica cherry cola

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

16-Oct-2017 11:18:26

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good morning. Is any one else confused by absence of information with update?
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

16-Oct-2017 14:10:02

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could always take a RAM stick out and see if the restarts still occur. Usually restarts are due to overheating but since you changed your motherboard, you likely put on new thermal paste and cleaned the CPU so it's probably not related to heat.

Although, doesn't hurt to download CPUID HWMonitor and see if you notice any abnormal temperatures.

16-Oct-2017 19:04:19 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2017 19:08:17 by Singularity

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
Could always take a RAM stick out and see if the restarts still occur. Usually restarts are due to overheating but since you changed your motherboard, you likely put on new thermal paste and cleaned the CPU so it's probably not related to heat.

Although, doesn't hurt to download CPUID HWMonitor and see if you notice any abnormal temperatures.

I've swapped out both RAM sticks, alternated use, and the restarts continued. I took out my graphics card - and the restarts haven't happened since. I've been using Speccy to watch the temperatures, and CPU is consistently ~47c, mobo is ~26c - the seems like a decent disparity in temperatures, or is that normal?

16-Oct-2017 19:20:26

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Those temps are fine. Motherboard should be lower than the CPU - mine sits at about 25-30c depending on room temp. CPU nowhere near throttle or shutdown temp.

I guess your GPU was maybe overheating (or some other issue) and causing restarts if removing that stopped the restarts.

16-Oct-2017 22:02:20 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2017 22:04:58 by Singularity

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
Those temps are fine. Motherboard should be lower than the CPU - mine sits at about 25-30c depending on room temp. CPU nowhere near throttle or shutdown temp.

I guess your GPU was maybe overheating (or some other issue) and causing restarts if removing that stopped the restarts.

Read on toms hardware that there could be an issue w/ drivers on the gpu

16-Oct-2017 22:07:41

Agalloch

Agalloch

Posts: 24,161 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I took this with my phone on the 7th while waiting outside of the Teragram Ballroom in LA for the doors to open right as twilight was starting to take hold and the sign lit up. I actually like this picture quite a bit for some reason and am pretty proud of it.

18-Oct-2017 09:22:06 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2017 09:22:23 by Agalloch

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top