Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I am the first one to roll my eyes at online political discussion, but there is no denying that there are a large number of people who enjoy engaging in such talk. There was a thread in OT by sir adams 1st about allowing political talk on the forums, but unfortunately it was locked... Anyway, if you stroll through the threads on the 1st and 2nd page of off topic on any given day, you are sure to find poltical discussion. Heck, you even see the topic on several threads in other forums.

So, I guess my suggestion is to create a forum, similar to how rants is set up, that is for politics only. Obviously overly heated arguments can be moderated and perhaps there should be specialty fmods to deal with this section. Idk, I haven't thought it all the way through as I don't see myself using such a forum.

(sorry sir adams 1st, I legitimately tried to get both sides to reconcile on your thread about allowing politics, but failed and might have made things worse. I know it isn't my fault that the people involved argued, but I still felt bad :( )

Easier to quote it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the increase in activity, but yeah... maybe 2 forums are what is needed. I used OT way before this and the arguments that we see today were limited to a few threads (mainly the political ones and the supernatural ones)
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

16-Aug-2017 23:19:08 - Last edited on 16-Aug-2017 23:40:54 by Averia Light

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Posts: 16,272 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hell why stop there?

Let's have an off-topic forum specifically for animal pictures.

We can also have an off-topic forum where sincere conversation is not allowed, that will be the sarcasm Off Topic.

We can also have an off-topic forum for edgy posters only - We will call this bleeding edge forum

We can also have an off-topic forum for people who are not interested at all with any topic that anyone could find offensive - we can call this the Safe Space

We can also have an off-topic forum where every post is automatically spoiler-tagged - we can call this the trigger warning Off Topic forum

We can also have an off-topic forum where the only allowed discussion is of Hey Arnold!®

We can also have a non cis-gender off-topic forum because it is 2017.

16-Aug-2017 23:57:33

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Posts: 16,272 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Y u marry someone you dislike m888888

Alright let's clear the air

I dislike people who support killing babies. I can't make a special exception for you. It would be hypocritical for me to say "I don't like people who support baby-killing, but that's ok because you're MY baby-killer supporter"

Bernadette and Dadizar would be all over that. It's ok I'm expecting you to come back to the right side after spending time with your little miracle.

17-Aug-2017 00:04:49

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I could never murder a baby through abortion or any other way, but who am I to judge others, I was for a lot of my young years, teens through to young adult, anti abortion, even wore my pin of a babies foot, anyhow I came to realize people have there own reasons, there own mental health bla, bla, bla, so I chose to be friends and support those with a listening ear, but I would not be apart of the actual removal - just thinking about it makes me sad and feel sick. But I would never dislike, hate, or put MY beliefs onto someone else - it's there choice there body!
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

17-Aug-2017 00:22:04 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2017 14:20:20 by Dong U Dead

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top