Forums

Godwork spear of annihilation

Quick find code: 185-186-571-66276405

Sheepman
Dec Member 2021

Sheepman

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(Updated 10/19/2023)

Hello I have a suggested item based on the masterwork spear of annihilation . This will be called the Godwork spear of annihilation. This item is intended to be a versatile piece of high level content that would be very useful for the Melee PvM game.

Spear would be intended to reduce adrenaline costs and enhance bleeds while adding a damage burst special attack.
Lets discuss some below:

---Specifications:
--2h Spear 1 tile range
-T99 , First T99 outside daemonheim/wilderness

----Passives:

---Secondary adrenaline bar; for executing EOF special attacks or for the spears special attack damage.
--Second bar would only gain while using (DOT) bleeds with the spear; however would save the second storage while unequipped to allow other weapons to access the storage while using EOF special.
-Second bar would be cap would be 100%
--DOT(bleeds) adrenaline gain*:
-DOT basic: 3% per hit
-DOT threshold: 5% per hit
-DOT ultimate: 10% per hit

---DOT (Bleed) enhancements(based on without modifiers like strength cape)*:
--For all: 100% duration

---Special attack:
--Instant attack, similar to Granite maul special; based on second adrenaline bar storage.
-*multiple instant damage hits for 60-100% ability damage each per 5% stored. 50% second adrenaline bar cost max. Similar to greater ricochet or kerapac wristwraps.
--*20% Adrenaline cost

Other notes:

Second adrenaline bar would instantly deplete outside of combat.

*Many values are not specific but an estimate of foreseeable improvements*

Thanks for reading!
<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<
>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>>

13-Mar-2023 12:16:09 - Last edited on 23-Oct-2023 13:36:09 by Sheepman

Sheepman
Dec Member 2021

Sheepman

Thing is with necro; I do enjoy the release for aspects like its based on manuel and similar to what I was intending here (Not the same) was something to build up and release damage on to an opponent at a controlled time.

For example; necrosis stacks and Volleys are able to be built up and stored until they need to be released; usually during a living death for necrosis and volleys during split soul (Not the only method but based on their damage release methods (Finger of death/EOF death guard 1 large burst hit, Volley of souls 3-5 smaller burst hits (Better for split soul off Living death if needed)). Necrosis is from necromancy basic attack and touch of death, while volleys are from soul sap.

A positive thing about those is that they reduce adrenaline cost; and have a controlled execution.

My idea of the Godwork spear is similar but different in its own rights; as the stacks are similar to storm shards/shatter only with necro the stacks are rewarding for basic abilitys.

It was about storing damage from less powerful basics/threasholds and bleeds while not using berserk and allowing the damage to be channeled in 2 ways:

-As a attack would release damage instantly similar to a g maul based on the damage stored (similar to lava strykebow only its damage dealt) using a small amount of adrenaline cost (15%-25%) which could not be spammed only based on the fact the charge would be released. Though if the charge threshold was met you could execute the special attack. This would reward all damage from the spear.

-Allow charges inside to deplete as adrenaline gain/bleed adrenaline gain while holding the spear based on charge amount. this way instead of dumping the special attack; it could be used in a way to allow adenaline to charge for any other ability needed.

Those 2 things would allow abilities off berserk to compensate for any lack of damage that could be entailed and allow for easier execution of damage bursts stored within the spear.

09-Oct-2023 23:17:53

Sheepman
Dec Member 2021

Sheepman

As it was intended to store damage within the spear to utilize as adrenaline/damage simple put.

However I believe with necro current engine: the design I had needs to be changed;

and while I got no real idea of where the games development teams wants to take things; I believe its better to not try the same exact ideas with necro but get it best to point.

As I would put for the Godwork spear instead of Storing damage for adrenaline/damage output; make something similar to necrosis stacks to living death only based on damage stored on the spear will allow to execute a Melee special attack without hindering the adrenaline bar as this would take a lot of task off the adrenaline bar for melee.

Its tasked enough with Ultimates and thresholds and something to allow special attacks to execute easier would be a major fix.

necromancy has stacks/death guard spec to allow easier special attacks without hogging adrenaline; would be a great fix for melees adrenaline issues.

So recap; make the spear store special attack energy for special attacks from the EOF so it solves some Adrenaline issues.

Also would keep the spears special attack to burst damage like a gmaul only similar to death guard special with necrosis stacks; only its not stacks but an instant attack based on damage stored that would clear the spear.

Kind of a rant about an idea; but theres something the would have a positive impact on Melee! And would be a weapon swap worthwhile!

09-Oct-2023 23:42:19

Quick find code: 185-186-571-66276405 Back to Top