Forums

Improvement upon bank presets

Quick find code: 185-186-514-66287457

Acari Efrope

Acari Efrope

Posts: 364 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So as everyone may (or may not) know, you can do a lot of interface customization. I'd like to further this customization a little bit with some suggestions. Please see points below. Zamorak gives strength, but Saradomin gives patience. Both are needed, but Guthix is dead.

19-Sep-2023 03:11:22

Acari Efrope

Acari Efrope

1. Have your main action bar be able to be tied to a certain bank preset. As an example, my first three presets are as follows:
Preset 1 -- General purpose t95 necro set, used for easy boss slayer pvm (like Kril) and uses my action bar 1 which is my single target necro bar.
Preset 2 -- t90 dps armor necro set for AOE slayer which could be tied to my action bar 2 which focuses on necro aoe abilities.
Preset 3 -- t90 tank armor necro set for tougher creatures (both single and aoe) and I switch between action bar 1 and action bar 2.

It would be nice to have the capabilities to specifically have the action bars tied to bank presets OVER weapon choices since Necro specifically only has dual-wield (with the presumption that two-handed will be released eventually). This could still have use for AOE vs. single target set ups for the different combat styles while also allowing skillers to have their bars setup and customizable depending on how they set it up.
Zamorak gives strength, but Saradomin gives patience. Both are needed, but Guthix is dead.

19-Sep-2023 03:11:35

Acari Efrope

Acari Efrope

2. Have additional bars be tied to point 1 (up to a maximum of 2 extra if needed since I know memory tracking in coding can be obnoxious). These additional bars use action bar presets (out of the 18 we have) and load in specific bars for specific situations. To where this might be useful, when I'm doing slayer, I prefer to have access to more utility things like my potions closer to the top of my space allocated for action bars. When I'm doing Rasial, I need to make sure I have a few more nice items ready to go with switches (e.g. LOTD, vuln bombs, etc). Zamorak gives strength, but Saradomin gives patience. Both are needed, but Guthix is dead.

19-Sep-2023 03:11:44

Acari Efrope

Acari Efrope

3. Macros with limited use for combining use of items or abilities outside of combat. This would be useful for potting before a boss and would be a small quality of life change. I specifically say out of combat because macros with combat get dangerously close to botting in my view. Zamorak gives strength, but Saradomin gives patience. Both are needed, but Guthix is dead.

19-Sep-2023 03:11:53

Acari Efrope

Acari Efrope

4. POH additional item and armor storage: The idea is simple enough. Right now, people are typically maining one combat set. But they have a few armor sets for other requirements (DK kings, dominion tower, etc). POH has long since been dead content, adding the ability to further store armor sets of t70+ would be useful for organization sakes. Zamorak gives strength, but Saradomin gives patience. Both are needed, but Guthix is dead.

19-Sep-2023 03:13:42

Acari Efrope

Acari Efrope

5. On the topic of POH, I know I currently only use POH to repair gear when I need to. I occasionally take one of the portals, but it's rare as I don't like two loading screens. There are lots of things that may be useful to have in a POH that might could grant additional bonuses depending on construction level. I've listed a few examples below.
- A ritual site. All of us who have completed the 99 necromancy guide know that the struggle of being at the ritual site with other people is annoying and might be better if we could have our own space to handle ritual events. You could even tie the ritual site decorations to certain gods and require the items (e.g. urns) could be filled with something reminiscent of certain gods in Runescape. For Zamorak, you could use infernal ashes. For guthix, you could use a mix of herbs. For saradomin, you could use archeology items (like the star). Each god could give unique bonuses to personalize the ritual experience.
- A smithy. While there are plenty of smithies in Runescape, making use of some the blank space in the POH to aid in skills could be useful. Players could customize the smithy with different items for different effects. As an example, Zammy could increase completion speed by 2% for items. Guthix could grant 3% extra xp at the cost of an increased time required of 1%. Plenty of ways this could go.
- A herbarium. This would specifically be used for players to make potions with certain potions being boosted depending on the god chosen.
Zamorak gives strength, but Saradomin gives patience. Both are needed, but Guthix is dead.

19-Sep-2023 03:23:00

Quick find code: 185-186-514-66287457 Back to Top