Forums

Jagex Launcher is great :)

Quick find code: 181-182-93-66265260

Mega Duck
Nov Member 2013

Mega Duck

Posts: 3,048 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After converting my account into a Jagex account, I have experienced a newfound sense of security like never before.

One aspect I particularly appreciate is the ability to disable "Security codes via email," alleviating one more worry from my mind. To ensure utmost precaution, I have jotted down the codes and securely stored them, just in case they are needed.

Can I assume that accounts will no longer be susceptible to recovery using their previous usernames? This concern has lingered in my thoughts, despite the unlikelihood of any potential disclosure during my adolescent years. But hey, who knows what my younger self might have done. lol

EDIT: I may have confused the "Jagex Launcher" with "Jagex Account" But still, i appreciate both! :)
5.8b exp
|
Trimmed Completionist
| Account Security | Mega Duck Community Events

03-Jun-2023 04:24:04 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2023 04:57:36 by Mega Duck

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

Posts: 127 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the launcher! I was used to having KeePass auto-type my credentials into RS clients for years, but it's nice being able to click 2-3 buttons to get in-game now.

I wonder if in the future it could be even more simple by having a launch-flag to auto-start the game I want and to close the client immediately afterwards? That'd be a cool feature I'd use! I like that the launcher shows news and a cool GUI for selecting the game, but most of the time I just want to hop right into RS.

Maybe along-side that suggestion have the client show if there's any new news, but auto-start the game of choice otherwise.

11-Jul-2023 23:51:35

coffeeprod
Sep Member 2023

coffeeprod

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex cares more about my account security than I do for the past 10 years haha,

also it's saved me having to type my password to login at least 100 times, and I've rarely been online these past few months.

Homerun, Jagex, Homerun.

08-Dec-2023 03:32:31

Quick find code: 181-182-93-66265260 Back to Top