Forums

Mod Mark Thread is locked

Quick find code: 181-182-731-65796816

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, I'd just like to say, that having watched the recent BTS, I think that it's a great showcase of how well Mod Mark has formed into the role he performs. His enthusiasm for the game really shows, and is infectious while still remaining informative.

Going back, you can see that initially there was some nervousness in his earliest videos, and announcements, but his confidence now has grown, and his love of the game has come to the fore, shining through his actions - I don't think JAGEX could want for a better front-man for the game.

While I understand that the videos are just one part of his job, it's the part which is most easily associated with him, and thus important in our perceptions.

The balancing, as a whole, has really been perfected, in these videos, now, and I think all the aspects of them (scripting, music, editing, performance, et.cetera.) have come together very well, I think it's safe to say you've really nurtured, and made use of the talents of those involved.

Great work, and long may it continue! :)

29-May-2016 15:14:58

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Well I'm not really able to give a full answer on that, but I think that it's due to the Waterfall not belonging to any particular Elf Clan, and the developers will have made the xp generous enough without the +20%.

Fishing urns do work there, so if you wish, you can use those for an additional 20% xp.

Other boosts include:
• Fisherman's outfit (obtained from the Fish Flingers D&D) - 5% for full set.
* Clan Avatar - 3% if on World/6% if within 16 tiles of it.
• Call of the Sea Auras (from Solomon's store/loyalty shop) - 3-15% catch chance increase, depending on tier.
• Granite lobster (Summoning familiar) - +4 boost to Fishing level (increases catch rate)
• Admiral pie - +5 tempory boost to Fishing level (stacks with the boost from Granite lobster).
• Crystal Fishing rod (obtained with Crystal urchin points, from the store at the base of Waterfall, then made with a Crystal tool seed combined with harmonic dust) - +5% catch chance increase.
• Invention perks:
\ Honed - This gives a 2-10% catch rate increase, depending on tier.
\ Furnace - This gives 5-15% extra xp, depending on tier.
• Whopper-baiting Scrimshaw - this essentially averages out as giving you +9xp (6.75, if inferior version) per urchin.
• Trading in urchins for xp lamps - these work out as giving an extra 30xp per Large urchin, 20xp per Medium, and 10xp per Small.

On top of these boosts, you can get a fair amount of xp from the leaping urchins, which occur randomly, and can be clicked on for a chunk of xp, if you're quick enough to catch them!

I'm sure you're aware of all these, if a high level fisher, though some may have escaped your memory, so have given a list, in case it's of help.

As you can see, there are already quite a lot of boosts for Fishing, so with the high xp rate from the Waterfall, it was probably deemed sufficient without a boost from the Voice.

Questions like that are usually best asked in the General Forum Section (<-link to it), in a separate thread. :)

29-May-2016 17:02:31

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

As an addendum, I really should add that you can get BXP from Stealing Creation, to double the xp you get (now would be a great time to do SC, as points are doubled, this weekend!), and you can also get an additional +5% catch rate from owning a Shark Outfit (I'd forgotten that, as it's from TH).

29-May-2016 17:14:48

Quick find code: 181-182-731-65796816 Back to Top