Forums

Archaeology.

Quick find code: 181-182-726-66156111

Baladon Gwin
Nov Member 2023

Baladon Gwin

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, coupled with Generalized Anxiety and Agoraphobia.

Those facts mixed with the current social climate, Runescape has provided my entire life (From 2004 to now) with a healthy outlet, social communication training with a generally enlightening, funny, cool people from ALL over the world.

As a socially impaired, physically unispiring slouch-- Runescape has made an inexplicable impact on me.

I appologize for the essay but I just wanted to pre empt what I was thanking you for.

Archaeology is my new favorite skill. Collecting, mythology, the music, the artwork on the maps. All amazingly done, and I've been enjoying it since release.

I was actually expecting some kind of traps, or more puzzles, and Indiana Jones esque content, but regardless I've been nothing but content in the new content. (woof)

Thank you to all of the people involved in the artistic creation and development of this concept! and thank you to the entire Runescape (Jagex) company for creating a world to escape the chaos of life.

26-Apr-2020 06:17:28

Kimora Frost

Kimora Frost

Posts: 393 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just want to say first off, wow, nice to see there's people on this planet who're like me. I suffer with GAD, PTSD and Agoraphobia. - medication does nothing; and with this lockdown I can't even see my therapist facetoface... O_o

I agree with everything you said. The new skill is so enjoyable. I stopped playing Runescape maybe 3/4 years ago, and randomly came across the announcement of the new skill. Feels like I'm 11 years old again, discovering Runescape for the first time again.

Completely different game from what I played years ago, but it's very enjoyable. Very soothing for someone who's always anxious and let's me escape reality for a few hours and have a bit of fun.

GJ Jagex on the new skill!

27-Apr-2020 21:10:15 - Last edited on 27-Apr-2020 21:12:19 by Kimora Frost

Conformed
Oct Member 2023

Conformed

Posts: 2,901 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well said - both great reads^.

I'm very glad to see you all enjoying Archaeology as much as I am! The skill seemed pretty slow when starting out, but I'm making decent progress now. I agree that this skill is just what we needed in dire times like these and I look forward to seeing everyone smash out those xp gains.
-- Con
for
med --

27-Apr-2020 23:39:21

Amoozon

Amoozon

Posts: 731 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have the same issues as the OP and second everything said! I'm really enjoying Archaeology. I'm able to lose myself in the content and feel satisfied as I make each new milestone.

I haven't enjoyed RS3 for a number of years. Archaeology brought me back. I'm still playing OSRS but, at this point I can see me taking this skill to the end and learn how all the lore turned out! I'm shooting for at least 99 Archaeology. I haven't wanted to reach 99 in any skill in a good long time.

Well done!

04-May-2020 09:37:12

The contents of this message have been hidden.

20-May-2020 04:07:41

The contents of this message have been hidden.

20-May-2020 04:14:12

Quick find code: 181-182-726-66156111 Back to Top