Forums

Returned From The Abyss

Quick find code: 181-182-231-66210793

Shroudeded

Shroudeded

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As someone who works in a Network Operations Center, I cannot express enough how well Jagex handled an unprecedented loss of data.
Unforeseen catastrophes occur, that is an unfortunate inevitability, but I never doubted for a moment that Jagex's engineers were working diligently on a resolution, and that a resolution was in sight.

The precautions set in place, the frequent updates, and the Returning from the Abyss package really went above and beyond, and lives up to the timeless Jagex ability to weave a little story and some humor into any situation.

Thank you to all event coordinators; the consideration that went into keeping up a regular flow of events, while mitigating the time lost for recovered players by refreshing the missed events is admirable.

And of course it's wonderful to have my account access back, seemingly without any losses whatsoever. So a deeply earnest thank you to everyone who worked so diligently on ensuring the data could be recovered.

07-Apr-2021 08:32:26

The contents of this message have been hidden.

08-Apr-2021 01:35:27

Bigecool
Dec Member 2013

Bigecool

Posts: 1,697 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree. My only critique, is I would have liked more transparency regarding to the restoration of my profile. Such as a DIFF to show what was the root saved state, and how telemetry updated the data struct to be the published (live) state. I have found it very hard to ask for help given an unknown in restoration behavior.

08-Apr-2021 19:39:58

Raven Morrow

Raven Morrow

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks to all the mods,you hardworking guys. I had so many items in bank but I could not see any losses and amazingly my XP was fine after that doule xp session. I think Mod who looks after publicity and keeping everyone up to date has done a fine job. After seeing these videos I have to say my previous visions of nervy computer geniuses gone out the window....more like a hug of bears really =) hugs from me.

09-Apr-2021 15:13:50

Quick find code: 181-182-231-66210793 Back to Top