Forums

Future Walk Token Re-releases

Quick find code: 17-18-782-66202010

kmgunit77

kmgunit77

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is there a comprehensive resource that lists which walk tokens could still be re-released in the future?

It’s safe to assume Jagex will never re-release the most expensive walks (zombie, assassin, plague doctor) to avoid upsetting the player base but the same can’t be said for the less expensive walks, even those worth over 100m.

I vaguely remember some time last year where certain walk tokens could be purchased for oddments or rune coins and I’m 90% sure Jagex explicitly said these would never be available again after this promo but I can’t remember which ones they are.

Any information or discussion relating to this topic is welcome.

06-Feb-2021 15:53:24

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
all walks could be re released at any time. that counts for items in those other categories too. some just more than others. for example at the summer event and the winter event items can be gathered or bought for 150 coins idk if thats just for the summer tokens or the winter tokens too. also treasure hunter re releases tokens now and then like rainbow tokens etc. so eventually in time they will get a fresh start. could be a year or 2-3 months or 3 years. but jatex did announce they will rotate those tokens more often. was like last year they said that. trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

06-Feb-2021 16:02:34

kmgunit77

kmgunit77

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know that was their initial stance but I feel like that has shifted since the inception of these tokens. Like I said I find hard to believe they would ever re-release the high value tokens and like I said I’m relatively sure there are some tokens, I believe they were summer tokens, that they said would never be available again after their last release.

Just looking at hot sand walk tokens you can see they crashed in July of last year which I believe is when this promo took place where you could buy them with oddments.

06-Feb-2021 16:47:16

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some walks are currently in animation chests. So, they are released with umbral chests.

Assassin, plague, and zombie are obviously not in animation chests. But Jagex has never promised any of these are discontinued.

I have 1 assassin walk token that was dumped on me. The supposed price at the time was over 10b, but I could never sell it for far less.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

06-Feb-2021 20:01:04

Trip180

Trip180

Tenebri said :
i dont believe their stance has shifted at all. and the risk if investing in these tokens is a big part of that risk to rerelease them. its why i will not :L
What about seasons items?
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

06-Feb-2021 20:01:39

Trip180

Trip180

If there is a rerelease, I would expect, though I could be wrong, it to be just 1 walk at a time.

So, one year it might be zombie one year, assassin the next. I doubt Jagex likes any token being over max cash, but that's just my suspicion. Also, they released turkey to get a hoarder, so my suspicion is they dislike any item being excessively hoarded.

Since there are 3 walks, a person could diminish risk by investing in all 3 rather than in only 1.

06-Feb-2021 20:05:27

Trip180

Trip180

To give an example, pre-2020 beach tokens were hinted at not returning, but some are obviously in animation chests currently. And there was no explicit promise of no return.

Original gem items are another curiosity. Also, seasons pet. But who knows?

06-Feb-2021 20:06:56

Lumbys Hero
Nov Member 2014

Lumbys Hero

Posts: 2,005 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anything could happen anytime with Jagex constantly getting bought out by other investment companies. The new owners can do W/E they wish with their newly acquired intellectual property.

I hope not but that is the truth of owning a business. Turn a profit or flip it for a huge profit.

Best,

Hero
RS
CLASSIC
VET
|
THREE
Round
COMBAT
|
STAKING
In