Forums

BONDS AND INFLATION

Quick find code: 17-18-546-66242708

Lunar Haruka
Dec Member 2023

Lunar Haruka

Posts: 61 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi!

Well it's more of a post about economy but was unsure where to fit it. Bond ARE a good measure of gp worth though. I remember since release them being 7M, and over time some inflation is normal. But over the last two years or so the bonds go really wild and cant believe in 2 months went from 30ish millions to 55 millions. And now back to 40ish I think?

Well that's boring data, and inflation is a tendency, not about steep ups and downs. The tendency does go up and gets worse over time.

Are there any discussions on game's economy? OSRS worked a lot and the gold sinking implemented is, in my opinion, a geniality. Just reselling now gets gold absorbed, simple but very effective.

I am aware RS3 has a more explosive strategy to boost economy constantly (Promotions), but I've been afraid of the consequences for a while now if it doesnt get stopped.

It doesnt have to follow the exact path OSRS did, but RS3 currency is far too volatile, even for its promotional goals.
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there

10-Jan-2022 05:34:07

Fungus Fubar
Sep Member 2007

Fungus Fubar

Posts: 2,573 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The bond prices gives a good estimate of the inflation, and the real worth of gp has fallen. Most of this is due to the insane rewards from bossing. Its not the rares prices that has increased in value, but more of the decrease of gp worth compared to items in general.

10-Jan-2022 20:48:53

boidae
Sep Member 2023

boidae

Posts: 2,931 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fungus Fubar said :
The bond prices gives a good estimate of the inflation, and the real worth of gp has fallen. Most of this is due to the insane rewards from bossing. Its not the rares prices that has increased in value, but more of the decrease of gp worth compared to items in general.

if insane rewards from bossing is a pro then bonds be cheaper? as people wouldnt need bonds?
were owned no matter what, you cant sell bonds if you give loot

10-Jan-2022 23:58:48 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2022 00:00:24 by boidae

PepeAngilo

PepeAngilo

Posts: 84 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Inflation is part of every economy. It is not the insane reward from bossing but a reflection of how much currency there is in a free market where supply and demand set the price. Yes, MTX affects but nowhere near gold farmers who have alts just afking slayer mobs, bosses, or any other content generating gp.

On one side we have all the currency coming in and staying in because lack of money sink, and on the other side we have over 1k players who have hit their 5.6b experience goal and won't be sinking any more money through the little traditional ways we have (prayer, invention, firemaking, or construction).

11-Jan-2022 13:21:51

KorbenDalass
Jan Member 2021

KorbenDalass

Posts: 55 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PepeAngilo said :
Inflation is part of every economy. It is not the insane reward from bossing but a reflection of how much currency there is in a free market where supply and demand set the price. Yes, MTX affects but nowhere near gold farmers who have alts just afking slayer mobs, bosses, or any other content generating gp.

On one side we have all the currency coming in and staying in because lack of money sink, and on the other side we have over 1k players who have hit their 5.6b experience goal and won't be sinking any more money through the little traditional ways we have (prayer, invention, firemaking, or construction).

there's bot farmers camping the soph dungeon corrupted scorpions on every single world 24/7, have to lure them away just so I can get a slayer task done, ridiculous that jagex hasn't done anything about it

11-Jan-2022 14:32:23

SniperWolf

SniperWolf

Posts: 584 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
KorbenDalass said :
PepeAngilo said :

there's bot farmers camping the soph dungeon corrupted scorpions on every single world 24/7, have to lure them away just so I can get a slayer task done, ridiculous that jagex hasn't done anything about it

right now twitch prime memberships are giving boost to a huge number of botting accounts, sure it's a great way someone new can try the game, but it's easy money for bot clients to get cheap membership.

12-Jan-2022 04:17:21

poor4days
Nov Member 2023

poor4days

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
they isint mutch inflation its mainly just demand and not anouth supply.

bonds went to 50-60m yes but the reasioning behide it was a perfet storm as they call it.

premer club normlay make bonds 40m buy its self them golden party hat event pushed them into the 45-50m mark with muiltable players (incloding my self) making muiltable alt accouts to farm golden partyhats this crateing the extra demands.

then to top it all off green santa event pushd them into 50-54m ish mark as muiltable players wanted a green santas.

Then came christmas th event witch pushd them into the 55-60m mark with muiltable green santa hat chances with the gift wrap scythes,frosted wreaths.. if jexits didnt fuck up with the (8 free keys for eveybody) then this would of mostlikey pushd bonds into 65-70m mark with muiltable players buying th keys with rs3 gp. bonds have all ways gone crazy evey december when premer comes around.

bonds will slowy come crashing down to the 30m mark where they normal have been in the 25-30m margens for years. they will mostlikey respike to 40m or hold at 40m as most players are waiting for the next godwars 3 boss or bosses. then theirs x2 xp event coming again around feburary. this will make alot of supplys go crazy like normal and rares,gear will take alittle dip just like normal.

They is no inflashion its just high demand but no supplys or sellers. when telos dropd silsky staff was 2.5-3b with zgs/sgb being 1.5-2b before crashing setting simler to whats happing with the new t95s people grind bosses and sit on billions waiting years for new gears your just seeing people spend their billions they stockpiled waiting for new stuff to spend on.

give it 3-5 years the t95 staff will become 500m-1b as they will be t99 weapions making the t95 useless to end game pvmers then the common pvmers can buy them as hard mode t95 bosses will look like a goblin in lummy compair to the new tear 99 bosses..
This has happend for years now its just evey one wants the new stuff

12-Jan-2022 10:37:09 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2022 10:39:45 by poor4days

Lunar Haruka
Dec Member 2023

Lunar Haruka

Posts: 61 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PepeAngilo said :
Inflation is part of every economy.

A small amount is, but 30-50% in six months is abnormal and out of control. MTX (Stands for microtransactions, not Mega T#tties Xtreme) play the most part on it. Some is expected at times (what good administrator doesn't offer deals on Christmas or summer time), but it's been way too out of hand
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there

17-Jan-2022 03:28:32

Quick find code: 17-18-546-66242708 Back to Top