Forums

BONDS AND INFLATION

Quick find code: 17-18-546-66242708

kanamari

kanamari

Posts: 26 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah... anyone feel like we are having another big wave of inflation lately? Think about all those millions of keys going into the christmas event... cash prizes from TH, cash prizes from golden presents. And just anecdotally it feels like most things are getting more expensive. PvM equipment has all been high. Bonds, even after retreating from the holiday madness, are still happily well above 40m. To think they were in the 20s not so long ago, and even that was after the massive 2020 inflation.

I suppose that's not to even mention the new gw3 bosses which are dropping droves of orikhalkum salvage with a 100k alch value.

People who hold any wealth in gp or shards are getting screwed over pretty bad. And so many items are leaving the GE, gp is just becoming a pain. Meanwhile, rich are getting richer, I suppose.... doesn't feel healthy at all though.

17-Jan-2022 04:32:16

Chad Da Mag

Chad Da Mag

Posts: 158 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm suprised the Rs economy hasn't collapsed yet. Items will continue to rise unless Jagex runs a inflation deficit to take more money than what's being produced out of the game. The curvature is so bad that new players cannot keep up with end game content, instead they will buy bonds because GP is worthless. If they continue to play that is.

17-Jan-2022 11:07:27 - Last edited on 17-Jan-2022 11:17:46 by Chad Da Mag

Radyi
Jun Member 2010

Radyi

Posts: 2,036 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think bonds arent a great indicator of how much gp is in the game as they are primarily bought by cashed up players for things you cannot earn in game, while only enter via players with IRL deep pockets who want some quick gp without worrying about the RWT market and the consequences with dealing with it. This will naturally mean the demand is pretty much set by how many players want to avoid paying IRL for MTX/Membership etc...

A better idea of how much gp is in game is probably owning a full set of BIS weapons as that gives you an idea of how much in game gp it costs to be competitive. This also helps with temporary shifts in the meta. It isnt perfect but its probably a lot more accurate as bonds are pretty much entirely jagex controlled to sell as many as possible (ie keep prices high enough that they feel worth buying)
Mass contributor to deaths coffers.

17-Jan-2022 13:38:13

Dr Goldfire
May Member 2012

Dr Goldfire

Posts: 2,553 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've already been thinking about it as well. Bonds may serve as an approximate measure for ongoing inflation rate.

But have you seen full scale chart of Super kebab yet? (Check it out at RS Wiki) :D
I think that one reflects the inflation perfectly.
Everything, ranging from sub-atomic particles to galaxy clusters, has its dynamics predefined. And then there are people claiming that systems like economy, society or other human sub-systems are in our hands.

A girl without freckles is like a night without stars.

17-Jan-2022 15:45:06 - Last edited on 17-Jan-2022 15:52:49 by Dr Goldfire

Quick find code: 17-18-546-66242708 Back to Top