Forums

PVM Unreachable?

Quick find code: 17-18-525-66258245

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've played this game almost two decades now and I still remember the good old days when all you needed a full rune set + scimmy and an inventory load of lobbies and you are good to go with pvming.

With the new pvm bosses and goals that are constantly churned out, players are increasingly pushed to spend billions just to get an extra 1% damage boost in some perk, ability scrolls/codexes, or specialized equipment. If you don't, pvming becomes very very hard, or UNREACHABLE. Like, you just can't kill those bosses effectively with a regular nox weapon.

Currently, a lvl 95 range bow costs almost 10b, and that's not counting all the other costs like perks and armor. How does a regular player who plays a few hours every day reach that goal in a few months? Most players don't got the cash to dissemble 3rd age and stuff.

P.S. Don't mind the phat. If you are one of the elite who feel comfortable burning billions of gp on dyes/perks/abilities, then you are definitely richer than me.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

21-Jul-2022 02:40:41 - Last edited on 21-Jul-2022 02:50:11 by Sea King

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

For all the talk about rare prices being "unreachable", prices for high-level pvm items are pretty high too. Get 4 t95 bows and you got yourself a yellow phat. If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

21-Jul-2022 02:42:21

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Despite all the whining from influencers and elite bloggers on social media, who do not represent for everyone else, phats have always been attainable by trading in a couple of high-end pvm gear. Back then it was seismics, or nox, now it's t95 bow. If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

21-Jul-2022 02:52:38

Xelxius
Sep Member 2011

Xelxius

Posts: 4,111 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you're not going for speed kills on end game bosses or something like that, you don't need a 10b bow.

If you want to work towards all T90s, you'll have to put in a good deal of work. If you have nox weapons already, or another set of T90s, and a decent set of armour, you can do that easily enough. Like.

3 hours a day at Kree is 675m a month, on average. 3 months time and you have 2b to work with.

Frost dragons are 9m an hour. High level barrows is 13m an hour. Astrals are 15m an hour. Glacors are 22. Bloods through the abyss is 28 (23ish if you dont want to risk a skull). Water runes through the abyss is 34. (29 if you don't want to risk a skull.)

Top end, end game, newly released gear was never required to do bossing or chip away at a goal. And at this point in the game, skilling is profitable too.

Unless you want a PHat, in this day and age, in which case... GL, I don't think even doing 2449 enrage claims is going to get you there in this climate.

21-Jul-2022 03:09:39

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Xelxius said :
If you're not going for speed kills on end game bosses or something like that, you don't need a 10b bow.

If you want to work towards all T90s, you'll have to put in a good deal of work. If you have nox weapons already, or another set of T90s, and a decent set of armour, you can do that easily enough. Like.

3 hours a day at Kree is 675m a month, on average. 3 months time and you have 2b to work with.

Frost dragons are 9m an hour. High level barrows is 13m an hour. Astrals are 15m an hour. Glacors are 22. Bloods through the abyss is 28 (23ish if you dont want to risk a skull). Water runes through the abyss is 34. (29 if you don't want to risk a skull.)

Top end, end game, newly released gear was never required to do bossing or chip away at a goal. And at this point in the game, skilling is profitable too.

Unless you want a PHat, in this day and age, in which case... GL, I don't think even doing 2449 enrage claims is going to get you there in this climate.

These are all pretty good moneymaking methods. Owning a full set of endgame pvm gear with dyes and perks and abilities and stuff costs about the same as a phat. So if you craft water runes for 1000 hours, or like 3 hours per day for 1 year, you make like 34b, which puts you around yellow phat price.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

21-Jul-2022 03:59:51 - Last edited on 21-Jul-2022 04:00:07 by Sea King

Established

Established

Posts: 236 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow, yellow phat is 34b now? I knew phats were crashing, but I didn't think they were crashing that hard?!

Interesting that you chose water runes for this example, for some reason it doesn't feel like it would add up to 34b in a year. I'll do some calculations later to see if this is true haha.

21-Jul-2022 05:25:30

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
buddy. jump into w68 public croesus.

collect your own cryptbloom, at least, and then you can solo kpac for fsoa. I think for hi lv like us... like you have volcanic but never used it... dude. you'll be fine. just don't be afraid of the new players. they're on phones, and they're rowdy, but... they mean well, and theyre all getting rich together.

come play dude.

edit/add: zammy too! zammy is non stop bop. fun like croesus once you figure out the meta for ffa random fc games. at least the skip games. you will need GOOD friends to get undercity runs done, but the skip games are a blast.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

21-Jul-2022 20:27:24 - Last edited on 21-Jul-2022 20:30:17 by J R Kerr

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No way will phats remain that low.

I'm amazed water runes are that good $$.

A better topic than phat affordability is membership affordability. Who would pay $$ if it's this easy to earn gp for bonds?
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

21-Jul-2022 23:54:17

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quote: "solo kpac for fsoa"

This sounds like great fun :D

If I ever finish unlocking things, I might try that. I still haven't unlocked all the perks from GWD2 zzz. And I need a defender thing, which I'll have to lvl up.

For someone who is inactive and has been for a long time, this game is quite confusing.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

22-Jul-2022 00:02:05 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2022 00:05:02 by Trip180

Quick find code: 17-18-525-66258245 Back to Top