Forums

Soaring prices of d/c rares Thread is locked

Quick find code: 17-18-479-66165776

S 1 M O N
Sep Member 2016

S 1 M O N

Posts: 1,491 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Every now and again clans and people of great wealth will bandy together to manipulate the price of rares - they'll just buy out everything in the GE and hold one before dumping at some point in the future, forcing the price up. Now the hype of Arch is over, they need to do something with their time i guess.

14-Jun-2020 12:33:09

Heyley

Heyley

Posts: 761 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's not such a thing as clan merching anymore. Individual people have enough wealth to buy out items themselves. I know people with 20+ alts. They're smart enough to not crash a price of a discontinued rare, I highly highly highly (I cannot enforce my words enough lol) doubt any lower rare will drop in price again.
Original
Master of All - August 4, 2019

Got Archie!!
Master of All - April 14, 2020

This is virtually a Solo game. Do what you like, like what you do, play how you want :)

14-Jun-2020 15:04:34

Knowledege

Knowledege

Posts: 84 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heyley said :
There's not such a thing as clan merching anymore. Individual people have enough wealth to buy out items themselves. I know people with 20+ alts. They're smart enough to not crash a price of a discontinued rare, I highly highly highly (I cannot enforce my words enough lol) doubt any lower rare will drop in price again.

All Jagex needs to do is release something like a black party hat or even a black h'ween which is a possibility since there is already a black Santa, and all Rares will take the elevator down. even if that doesn't happen you will start to see a price decline as the profit starts being too good for hoarders. I would not touch them at these prices too risky, and yes they will crash sooner or later since we are in deflation not inflation anymore.
Accumulation of wealth at one pole is at the same time accumulation of misery, agony of toil, slavery, ignorance, brutality, mental degradation, at the opposite pole - Karl Marx. Capitalism needs to be reformed around the world especially in the US.

14-Jun-2020 15:24:16 - Last edited on 14-Jun-2020 15:27:04 by Knowledege

Knowledege

Knowledege

Posts: 84 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
. Accumulation of wealth at one pole is at the same time accumulation of misery, agony of toil, slavery, ignorance, brutality, mental degradation, at the opposite pole - Karl Marx. Capitalism needs to be reformed around the world especially in the US.

14-Jun-2020 15:24:21 - Last edited on 14-Jun-2020 15:25:20 by Knowledege

Samid
Sep Member 2008

Samid

Posts: 32,698 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heyley said :
There's not such a thing as clan merching anymore.

You really think conversations and coordination don't happen behind the scenes in places like Discord?

Heyley said :

They're smart enough to not crash a price of a discontinued rare

Why not? Once they choose to sell their stock, it actually benefits them more to have the price crash, so that they can then buy back in at a lower price. What advantage do they have for keeping prices high after liquidating their stock?
Tiles. Give them a use!

14-Jun-2020 18:47:44

S 1 M O N
Sep Member 2016

S 1 M O N

Posts: 1,491 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Samid said :
Heyley said :
There's not such a thing as clan merching anymore.

You really think conversations and coordination don't happen behind the scenes in places like Discord?

Heyley said :

They're smart enough to not crash a price of a discontinued rare

Why not? Once they choose to sell their stock, it actually benefits them more to have the price crash, so that they can then buy back in at a lower price. What advantage do they have for keeping prices high after liquidating their stock?

This.

14-Jun-2020 20:39:14

Axioms

Axioms

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is good to be skeptical, and this very well may have started out by a lot of the supply in ge being bought up, but I think other investors are starting to jump on board because they know rares that can be bought via ge are one of the best investments out there. If merchants decide to store value in lower rares, I believe they could be held above old prices. Some are making the assumption that with the increase in gameplay there has been a blast of inflation. I know Jagex has ways of controlling this, but is seems to be fueling some of this bull confidence. It is understandable to fear a sell-off, but as the community slowly starts to realize the power behind storing gp in items, there will be a risk of sellers not being able to buy back for lower. FOMO!!!

14-Jun-2020 21:56:32

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
fast rise leads to the inevitable fast crash...it's been a staple fact for the past 19 years of RS history If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

15-Jun-2020 05:26:42

Quick find code: 17-18-479-66165776 Back to Top