Forums

Gold Phat: End to Begging?

Quick find code: 17-18-430-66237125

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With Gold phat being accessible to every player who plays a few dozen hours throughout the 6-week period (which is like 1 to 2hrs per day), every player will become billionaire (or close enough). Will this put an end to beggars who claim that they can't afford bandos or drygores or nox bow?

[As of this writing, gold phat is almost 700m.]
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

26-Nov-2021 23:36:08

Disrobed
May Member 2017

Disrobed

Posts: 271 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think that it's an integral part of the game at this point :P am I really playing RS if I'm not being pm'd by a scammer, or pm'd by someone looking to be my gf for $, or asked for money to buy gwd1/barrows armor for newbies at the GE. Ironically, there are so many easy/quick cash making methods now that those asking for freebies at the GE would be better using their time grinding but... I'm afraid it's just part of the culture or whatever now
Soup

27-Nov-2021 00:23:21

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Like, how long does it take to get all the pieces for a SOS or 2+ nox scythes? Based on current gold phat prices, now you don't even need to be high-level combat to reach this level of wealth.

I haven't seen a single beggar in w2 since the event began a few days ago.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

27-Nov-2021 00:30:10

Disrobed
May Member 2017

Disrobed

Posts: 271 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's kinda crazy - even while I'm going super slow and casual at araxxor, making a couple of Nox's takes me like a week or two, but thats only playing like 10-15 hours/week - I haven't been getting tons of the usual luring or scam PMs this week either
Soup

27-Nov-2021 00:33:20

Gameist
Dec Member 2015

Gameist

Posts: 6,372 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sea King said :
Like, how long does it take to get all the pieces for a SOS or 2+ nox scythes? Based on current gold phat prices, now you don't even need to be high-level combat to reach this level of wealth.

I have seen beggars in W2 yesterday and I'm not a frequent W2'er. Even when wealth is put on a silver platter some players are so lazy they still just want handouts.

This event could make any low effort player(s) billions from a complete start of nothing for the first time in RS history and yet I doubt too many are taking advantage of this opportunity. It's quite an interesting situation and experiment.
It has not been easy for me. I started off in Lumbridge. My father gave me a small loan of a million gold coins.

27-Nov-2021 01:50:29

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gameist said :
Sea King said :

I have seen beggars in W2 yesterday and I'm not a frequent W2'er. Even when wealth is put on a silver platter some players are so lazy they still just want handouts.

This event could make any low effort player(s) billions from a complete start of nothing for the first time in RS history and yet I doubt too many are taking advantage of this opportunity. It's quite an interesting situation and experiment.
Your father gave you a million gold coins! I started by literally picking wool and spinning it into thread for amulets.

Silver spoons! *Trip is begging in w2*
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

27-Nov-2021 06:39:18

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,655 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No. 1 step to truly ending begging is something that shows whether or not a beggar is the alt of a rich main. Because you can't tell if a beggar is legitimately in need of money and there's this guy who has a green phat who begs for 5m I see in w2. Begging can be profitable, I've seen 1 get multiple 5m donations from ppl but not sure if they were also the alts of the beggar. Begging honestly needs to be a bannable offense. Just my personal opinion.

27-Nov-2021 06:45:27

Trip180

Trip180

RSGOTMEFATT said :
I seen misers with 20b banks begging on their alts, it has nothing to do with not having gp, greed is a mental disease for some lmao.
Says the man who got a cracker from the ge!!

*in need of gp, can't even afford a phat set currently*
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

27-Nov-2021 07:23:41

Trip180

Trip180

Flipping is so easy now that I can make money if I want. My problem is I'm just lazy. I'd rather RSGOT worked hard and then gave me the gp from his efforts. I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

27-Nov-2021 07:25:53

Quick find code: 17-18-430-66237125 Back to Top